Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two SS M43's (from same source) real?

Two SS M43's offered. Real?
    Late Dachau pattern perhaps? note visor!
    First one with 2 metal buttons:
    Attached Files

front

front
    Attached Files

Comment

liner

liner...Late Dachau pattern? or fake?
      Attached Files

Comment

the other one

The other one has resin buttons...
        Attached Files

Comment

side view

side view
          Attached Files

Comment

liner

liner shot...
            ANy good these two? I have my doubts...the way the traps are stitched on...
            among other things...Thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

Could you post the traps?

Comment

Not that it matters much but does the seller have any info where they surfaced from..I hate to ask for a story but sometimes you dont get a contrived one..Billbert

Comment

These are the only images I got... but I've enlarged trap (below). Both have identical traps it appears! These come from the same source in Hungary and the seller wants big money for these...converted in Dollars $3500 and $3700... so he's obviously convinced these are both original pieces!
                  Assuming the traps are good,what about the rest? If these are indeed the late "Dachau pattern" type with typical exposed bill, were those even issued? or strictly depot finds (US vet bring backs)?
                  If its the latter, I would expect these to turn up in the USA, not Hungary... Don't have any info on provenance...sorry!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 03-15-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

To me they are not identical: the skull of the first one seems to have one eye larger than the other – but maybe it is just an effect of my crappy screen.

This pattern existed and was issued, but from this kind of pictures to me it is very difficult to express an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Barzini View Post
                      To me they are not identical: the skull of the first one seems to have one eye larger than the other – but maybe it is just an effect of my crappy screen.

This pattern existed and was issued, but from this kind of pictures to me it is very difficult to express an opinion
                      True slightly different traps after all... BUT what I ment to say is that its the same embroidered pattern...that's wording it better!
                      Anyway here's a close up of the other one...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe its just the pictures. But to me it looks like the underside of the visor is covered with cloth??
                        If not the, "visor" (by the way is visor the correct word to use??) itself is made by materials I never seen before on dachau caps.

Another thing I dont like about the caps is the "bagy" look of the lining.

Not for my collection.
                        Last edited by Hasse.M; 03-15-2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasse.M View Post
                          To me it looks like they/him has tryed to copy the "dachau pattern". On dachau caps the underside of the bill is not covered with cloth. This examples looke like they have a different color of cloth covering the underside of the bill. Something I never seen before and I dont like it...
                          Another thing I dont like about the caps is the "bagy" look of the lining.

Not for my collection.
                          True the lining is sloppy, not tight... so perhaps late war factory made? (mass produced) so in a hurry...possibly by slave labor? Who knows?
                          Regarding the bill colors, one appears to be stained and both look close, just a clean and a dirty example I think...
                          Perhaps somebody can post a Dachau pattern SS M43 for comparison?

Comment

For these small details make the big difference

Comment

The trap is not one I would accept as a standard 'Dachau' M43, there are differences in the eye (left as we look) and the suchres on the top of the skull.

Sorry, I'll pass.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,087 at 01:48 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X