Totenkopfring Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought,
    The 1944 ring that started this thread, has what seems to be heavy wear?, is this "post" war wear?
    Thanks!

Comment

Had not the schenanegans involving this particular pair of rings been exposed, I would not have had a problem with the wear on the ring, based upon the photos provided, unless other red-flags presented themselves under physical evaluation.

Comment

Don Boyle Rules

Comment

The way things are going, I'm awfully glad I have Don's C.O.A. on the one I own.

Comment

Don is a quality guy who will give out his knowledge on these rings freely. COA'S are subjective at best when coming from a dealer who is selling the item but Don's has cache because in most cases he's not selling you the ring he's authenticating.

Comment

Ring

I am very pleased to see that this excellent thread has been revived. And what an interesting thread it has been. And also just in time for some good 'ol fashioned TK ring production. The project my brother started years ago is very near completion. I had taken over for him, and am expecting the new silver "Master" of the band to come back from the caster, hopefully within 2 or 3 weeks. The delay was because I decided that I should sculpt the skull first, and also I was having trouble finding a top-notch caster. For those who have waited so long, we once again apologize, and assure you the wait will have been worthwhile. From the "master" of the band and skull, I've ordered 5 bands and skulls cast to start with, and they will all be identical, except for sizes. The skull will be very similar to the "Oettlin" skull in Don's first book. Please be patient just a little longer. This WILL come to fruition. I currently have a waiting list of 34 people. If you would like to be added to the list, feel free to PM me. I will post photos of the band IMMEDIATELY when it arrives.
              FOOTNOTE: For those who erroneously insisted there were 2 Koehl rings, ask yourself this. If this was a scam, why didn't I just sell the clone Koehl ring as original, and then make copies with a different name? The photos were the same ring all along. No scam - just quality repros here. And right out of the woodwork!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                I am very pleased to see that this excellent thread has been revived. And what an interesting thread it has been. And also just in time for some good 'ol fashioned TK ring production. The project my brother started years ago is very near completion. I had taken over for him, and am expecting the new silver "Master" of the band to come back from the caster, hopefully within 2 or 3 weeks. The delay was because I decided that I should sculpt the skull first, and also I was having trouble finding a top-notch caster. For those who have waited so long, we once again apologize, and assure you the wait will have been worthwhile. From the "master" of the band and skull, I've ordered 5 bands and skulls cast to start with, and they will all be identical, except for sizes. The skull will be very similar to the "Oettlin" skull in Don's first book. Please be patient just a little longer. This WILL come to fruition. I currently have a waiting list of 34 people. If you would like to be added to the list, feel free to PM me. I will post photos of the band IMMEDIATELY when it arrives.
                FOOTNOTE: For those who erroneously insisted there were 2 Koehl rings, ask yourself this. If this was a scam, why didn't I just sell the clone Koehl ring as original, and then make copies with a different name? The photos were the same ring all along. No scam - just quality repros here. And right out of the woodwork!!
                This maybe an extreamly dumb question but I can't find the answer. I have a great great grandfather with the surname Oettlin. Why is there a ring called "oettlin"? There was a family story my grandfather told me about distant relatives that were Nazis but I didn't think anything about it till I typed Oettlin into google and your website came up with this post.

Could someone please explain to me why the style is called Oettlin? Thanks so much for your time.

Comment

Ring

"Oettlin" is the SS man's last name. His totenkopfring was featured in Don Boyle's first book. No other information was given. Search through past threads for John P. Moore. If you contact or PM him, perhaps he can help you research the man.

Comment

By the way, does anyone know where the "Oettlin" ring is now? I have been trying to track it down for more than a year. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X