Karl-Maria DEMMELHUBER WSS TUNIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remeber well

I remember seeing parts of the Demelhuber grouping here in my hometown over a decade ago. My good friend who is now deceased Walter Hombach acquired several parts of this grouping from Bob Alexander who had to sell his collection to save his ass from a variety of people and Wally purchased it. Walter was killed in a Harley accident in 1996 and Gus bought Wally's phenomenal collection from his widow recently. It was a fantastic experience just holding the tunic and several other items in my hands. Far more expensive now than then. Although I don't collect SS anymore it is still exciting to see.

Kurt Barickman

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
      This is one of the best documented SS General insignia groupings. The guy in Michigan got it from Demelhuber himself and it has a list of the inventory of all the stuff and is signed by Demelhuber. And the undersides of the shoulder boards are WHITE, as well as on the tunic. The lapels on his greatcoat were also WHITE, not silver. And I believe that Sepp Dietrich's greatcoat had WHITE lapels too.

Bob
      This is what I recall as well....the Michigan collector obtained things from many of the Generals and GFM Manstein as well. I believe this was all obtained in the early 70's, perhaps some of it even earlier than that. I know where some of the documentation resides on select pieces.

Comment

A man named McClure of Michigan wrote to a lot of personalities of the Third Reich and got some amazing things out of them or their widows and families. He used to write to many of them and send a $3.00 check for their autographed photos. Then when he got his cancelled checks back, he would have an additional signature (endorsed). Willi told me that he bought this insignia grouping at a MAX Show from a guy in Minnesota. He doesn't remember who or what year, but he's had it a number of years now.

Willi told me that he knew Walter Hombach briefly over the telephone and was going to the SOS in 1996 to meet Walter to discuss the purchase of Demelhuber's uniform grouping. This was before he acquired the Demelhuber insignia grouping. However, Walter had been killed in that motorcycle accident. He had bought a Waffen-SS tropical field cap from Walter prior to the SOS.

Bob

Comment

A man named McClure of Michigan wrote to a lot of personalities of the Third Reich and got some amazing things out of them or their widows and families. He used to write to many of them and send a $3.00 check for their autographed photos. Then when he got his cancelled checks back, he would have an additional signature (endorsed). Willi told me that he bought this insignia grouping at a MAX Show from a guy in Minnesota. He doesn't remember who or what year, but he's had it a number of years now.

Willi told me that he knew Walter Hombach briefly over the telephone and was going to the SOS in 1996 to meet Walter to discuss the purchase of Demelhuber's uniform grouping. This was before he acquired the Demelhuber insignia grouping. However, Walter had been killed in that motorcycle accident. He had bought a Waffen-SS tropical field cap from Walter prior to the SOS.

Bob
          The guys name was Mel Smith

Comment

From Minnesota, right?

Bob

Comment

From Minnesota, right?

Bob
              Correct

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,514 at 02:02 PM on Today.

Working...
              X