Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bnz, do you have any info on the interior of the kielhosen you posted in pic 3 and 4? Those pics are scary, and would fool me without hands on inspection, they incorporate ghosting, multi panel construction, etc etc, The devil is always in the details, and would be interested to see how the interiors were finished, Ive seen chiefly three or four differrent finishes on interior which I felt given the totality of the circmstances of the pieces was good, and would love to see how these were finished up. I have seen and own a pair of originals (IMHO) with rusted back adjustment closures. I have also seen the bad ones with the rusted buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
              Hello Bnz, do you have any info on the interior of the kielhosen you posted in pic 3 and 4? Those pics are scary, and would fool me without hands on inspection, they incorporate ghosting, multi panel construction, etc etc, The devil is always in the details, and would be interested to see how the interiors were finished, Ive seen chiefly three or four differrent finishes on interior which I felt given the totality of the circmstances of the pieces was good, and would love to see how these were finished up. I have seen and own a pair of originals (IMHO) with rusted back adjustment closures. I have also seen the bad ones with the rusted buttons.
              Only picture of the interior I have right now:

Comment

Thanks Bnz, I've seen these types before. Interesting.

Comment

fake smock

Scott Hess
                  lets see that smock you where talking about please

Comment

The base dot material in photos 3 and 4 could be good, would have to see in hand, usually it's the finishing details AND interior of these dot trousers made of original dot that is the give away, I have a repro SS dot panzer pants made of good cloth, just wrong construction, pocket configuration, belt etc that is probably mid 80s early 90s, good material, bad stampings and interior material, these were pre internet manufacture when some reference books were crammed ull of repros.
                    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 10-23-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snidervolley View Post
                      Scott Hess
                      lets see that smock you where talking about please
                      Hi, I sold my repro smock long time ago was from George Peterson of French manufacture, but I can point you to a book with identical smock if you like.

Comment

2C. The so called “Irish Smock” :
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                          The print (pattern - size and colors) on this side looks pretty much identical to original. Always make me think that if made completely solely of this type material, could easily pass any judgement.
                          I know, I just warming up a dead, but wanted to meant, that this side of a trousers is actually made of original dot fabric, so if it will pass your judgment it would correct, as it actually is...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X