SS cap - confirmation of originality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Visor

That is what I was thinking Robert. But again digital pictures are tough for determining authenticity in some cases.

Comment

I would never buy it based on those pics alone but if the seller was offering an inspection it might be worth a look. The only thing that is standing out for me is the possibility it had a makers mark under the shield. That is definitely a no-no with a W-SS contract cap. If it is messed with they sure did a good job on the sweatband.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        Did YOU get it ???

Jesper
        no,becose I dont like it at all.

Comment

I had a look at this cap while it was for sale.
          And the seller was called "Waraeg" I belive.
          Once in a while this seller has a nice ss cap for sale.
          Perhaps to often? And they all have something in common.
          Small things are the same on all of them. Same thread used
          to seam of sweathband. Same colour on stiching used on lining.
          And they all look very good. I have been watching this seller for some time,
          and I have saved some photos of his caps.
          You can also take a look at his feedbacks, some of them is still shown there.
          I`m not saying they are all bad. But I would think twice before spending my money on one.

kim

Comment

It seems like the insignia impressions/zinc pest markings are over-exagerrated...yet the cloth is perfect on the cap in that area (IE the cap was on through a lot of wear yet no signs of wear to the cloth) I see this on the better Czech caps...they can not get real insignia because it is too costly so they sell them as "de-nazified".

I am not making a statement on the authenticity of the cap, I am just saying it is one thing that I observe.

J

Comment

The odds are the cap is bad. Especially if that is a maker mark rubbed out on the lining. I will tell you what though. If bad they are getting much better at relining these damm things. The guy perfectly duplicated what original aged stitching looks like on the sweatband. The peak stiffener looks might shinny too. The only metal I have ever seen used is zinc.

Comment

NTZ--Pekuro used aluminum for their stiffeners, but this ain't aluminum--its almost chrome-plated, which would be a first for a stiffener for me.

Also, look at the pasteboard punctures--doesn't one look closer to the center of the stiffener than the other?
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  NTZ--Pekuro used aluminum for their stiffeners, but this ain't aluminum--its almost chrome-plated, which would be a first for a stiffener for me.

Also, look at the pasteboard punctures--doesn't one look closer to the center of the stiffener than the other?
                  Did they? I never paid that close of attention. I just know they always have a dull finish.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    Looks re-banded to me.
                    Hell yes

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                      Did they? I never paid that close of attention. I just know they always have a dull finish.

Sometimes they are wrapped in a hessian type material too.

Comment

The cap is up for sale again!
                        Ebay.de
                        Maybe I`ll make an offer, just to inspect it.
                        But it has to go at a low cost....

Comment

SS visor

The cap is Bad. Just go check the sellers previous sales. He had sold another one alsmost identical to it. At a bargain price too

Comment

Looking at the backside of the sweatband, stitching of liner wear of folded over cap material, it is a no brainer, definatly a bad cap!

Lasse

Comment

Hard to tell.... but A chance is possible....

Comment

He's BACK!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/Schirmmuetze-2-WK...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X