oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugly SS eagle battle between me and a moderator of another forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly SS eagle battle between me and a moderator of another forum.

Here is really strange bird. I say it is surely a bad - fantasy item. This one has never been real at any time. A moderator of another forum writes, that this a early form of ann ss eagle, maybe from the einheitsfeldmütze or krätzchen. I say - this is bogus and never true!!!

What do you think??? I think, i´m right.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is a well-known modern fake which bears no resemblance to any original. This style is a fairly recent creation, which can still be purchased as new. Here are some photos of a matching set of these fakes available from an online seller for a few bucks:

All good fakes deserve a nickname (like pigeon-head, bigfoot, bellbottom, etc.). So, I dub this one..."SAM!"

Comment

Who said this was good ? There's not that many SS Forums ... I help moderate one of them and it's not me

As has been said this is pure garbage.

Ian.

Comment

It's Latvian, and it's fake.

Kind regards,
        Gerd V

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf100 View Post
          This one has never been real at any time.

you are correct this is not a copy of an original eagle, its just a fake and as Gerd has said above made in latvia not that long ago
          cheers
          Gary

Comment

Wow! That's one of the most ridiculous looking fakes I've ever seen! I'd sure like to know who said it's good, so I know to whom I should definitely NOT listen.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelm View Post
              Wow! That's one of the most ridiculous looking fakes I've ever seen! I'd sure like to know who said it's good, so I know to whom I should definitely NOT listen.

Chris
              Ridiculous, yes. Resemblance to any original, no. Still, as I mentioned in another recent thread, this exact style of fake is on cap displayed in the Imperial War Museum (or at least it was when I was last there in July '06).

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                Ridiculous, yes. Resemblance to any original, no. Still, as I mentioned in another recent thread, this exact style of fake is on cap displayed in the Imperial War Museum (or at least it was when I was last there in July '06).
                That's just sad...

Comment

I knew, i were right. This is a german forum named Bodenfundforum (grounddugforum) . The mod there said, this eagle is good, and i shall not discuss with him, he is right. So, i think, he can really kiss my ass.

Thanks gentlemen.

Comment

[QUOTE=bwanek1;2310064]All good fakes deserve a nickname (like pigeon-head, bigfoot, bellbottom, etc.). So, I dub this one..."SAM!"
                    QUOTE]

What is the TK called? Uncle? Then you have Uncle Sam. He kind of looks like my uncle with that moustache.

Comment

After considering every possible avian resemblance, I think this eagle looks most like the bird puppet posted earlier by bwanek1. However, with that being the case, the bird puppet still looks better...

I'd bet you could put the bird puppet on the cap in the Imperial War Museum, and they probably still wouldn't know the difference...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                        All good fakes deserve a nickname (like pigeon-head, bigfoot, bellbottom, etc.). So, I dub this one..."SAM!"
                        As an alternate nickname, I nominate "bird-puppet head," for all those (like me) who just can't get that hilarious bird-puppet head out their head.

Chris

Comment

Comment

Comment

That bird-puppet head on the eagle is making me laugh so hard right now that I'm having trouble staying in my chair to type this!!! WOW! That is even more hilarious than the original, entire bird-puppet comparison photo! I never even imagined that my simple elaborations on the alternate bird-puppet head nickname would lead to that creation. That's the best laugh I've had in a long time! Thanks, bwanek1!

Chris

P.S. I think this thread has just become a cult classic in the militaria collecting community!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X