No announcement yet.

M40 TK Theodor Eicke tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muesum curators are attracted to fakes like mosquitos to a bug zapper.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
      Muesum curators are attracted to fakes like mosquitos to a bug zapper.
      Too bad they're given a budget and it doesn't matter what is real and what isn't. Museum curators should have a little background knowledge about the items they are procuring.

Comment

What is really sad is that there are begginers out there that will see this on display in a museum and think it is a good one and will use it to judge other pieces with because it is in a museum.

Comment

Glad

Glad you got rid of it before the exisistence of the Forum, cause I would have shredded it. I wish all fakers were this bad, my life would be easier. My favorite comment was on the DDR tresse. I also have no doubts on the skull, it belongs in the trash with that horriffic cuff-title.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's replies. I have been away over the Holiday weekend and I appreciate the interest and everyones thoughts.

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
              Thanks for everyone's replies. I have been away over the Holiday weekend and I appreciate the interest and everyones thoughts.

Regards,

Chuck
              That's it?

If you were carrying this to shows using it as a reference as what you were looking to buy, you might want to take a second look at any of the other SS cloth and uniforms you have

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                That's it?

If you were carrying this to shows using it as a reference as what you were looking to buy, you might want to take a second look at any of the other SS cloth and uniforms you have

Rob
                I believe you might do well to re-read the beginning post to see that I have not owned this piece for some years.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
                  I believe you might do well to re-read the beginning post to see that I have not owned this piece for some years.

Chuck
                  Then why even post it, Chuck? What are you trying to achieve?

Furthermore, you simply state that it was in your collection before the existence of this forum - nowhere do you state exactly when you sold it, which could have been yesterday for all we know.

I feel very bad for the museum that got stuck with it.

And, as I said in my last post - if you used this tunic and it's reproduction insignia as reference for some of your other purchases, you might want to give those a second look... if you still have them of course.

Just trying to help.

Thanks,
                  Rob

Comment

museums get stuck with what?

I know of a museum with 5 fully functional STG44s, 3 MP40s, a PPsh41, and that Beretta machine pistol + 3 WWI Maxims.

It's all locked up in a basement where NOBODY enjoyes it.

I'd say it's a shame so much gets stuck in museums.

Additionally, if originality was so important to most museums, they would only have, like, 10% of their "collections". Originality? That's not even the point.

Example, 19th century copies aside, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC would only have about 2 sets of authentic armor (or so I've heard...oops!).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X