No announcement yet.

What is this?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the way,too show respect for Forummebers,just count me out,i,m not living in the dark ages,some off you do shame on you!
    Mvg
    Willem

Comment

If you go here:

http://www.viewimages.com

and in the search type 'Brest', then go to page 12. There are some more photos taken at Brest, including this one, and it gives the original photographer. So i presume this photo is period.

It says the photo was taken by 'Fred Ramage'

Comment

Sorry to deviate a bit, but heres another photo taken by the same guy. Look at all that stuff littered around. Looks like para helmets to.
        Attached Files

Comment

The tunic in the pic starting this thread doesnt look right the shoulder boards are far too big and the eagle not long enough.

Comment

However it seems its period, if you search the viewimage site, it states the photographer is 'Fred Ramage'.

Comment

Here is the photo description from the Getty Image Service:

German POW's
              16th September 1944:
              A German officer of the Waffen SS marches at the head of a line of prisoners captured at Brest. (Photo by Fred Ramage/Keystone/Getty Images)

This guy has credentials: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...=Fred+Ramage#9

Looks like we get to add another exception to the rule book........

Things like this always go to re-enforce my belief that we are still only students of a topic 60+ years old and as much as we think we know, we still have a lot to learn.

BTW, the shot with the two GI's is interesting, in that they are both utilizing German weapons.

Andrew

Comment

Yes i noticed that, is it a luger or p38?

Comment

Looks to me like a P38

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X