Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco
    Dear Pieter!

Please be aware with the jokes about the Dutch: you were once a part of our beautiful country!! It was called 'Groot Nederland' and also incorporated Flandern!!! You even used the same national anthem, the 'Wilhelmus"!

We might be 'related' after all!! Which in itself could be a reason to abolish 'the thousands of world famous Dutch jokes about the Belgians' !!

Best regards,

Coco
    ...Holland, Holland....great people...they even went to the prestigeous MAX-show on the costs of Flandern...

Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Pieter Verbruggen] ...Holland, Holland....great people...they even went to the prestigeous MAX-show on the costs of Flandern...

Pieter.[/QUOTE/]

I really don,t know what or who you mean

but I think Flandern is a nobel man

Next year you can pick me up at zaventum
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by gilles
        Very nice tunic kris ......but can you asnwer to my question
        Hi Gilles,

well, i'll try.

The Fabriekswacht (later Vl. Wachtbrigade) was started as a 'private' organisation that had a contract with the Luftwaffe (Luftgau) Belgien-Nordfrankreich. This for guarding LW installations, warehouses,..; against sabotage, fire, theft,.. . In the beginning there were not part of the Wehrmacht.
        Later on they became Wehrmachtgefolge and again later Wehrmachtangehörigen. In 1944 they became the Flämische Flakbrigade.
        Essential is that they were a Flemish organisation that stayed Flemish, not under the control of the Militärverwaltung but only obliged by a contract made with the Luftwaffe. So they were virtually independent.

The Vlaamse Wacht was more of a militia founded by VOS & VNV with the intention to make have a Flamisch 'army' which would - after the war - be used to fill the cadre of Police and Gendarmerie.

Hope this helps a little bit.... if anyone has something to add, please do so

thre are some good books about this you know

all the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kris
          aha...
          Kris.... superbe... very nice and... rare.. tunic... that tunic has history.
          You don't often see such an uniform. I only have one in my collection.
          congrat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez
            Hi Flandern and fellow members,
            here's a sample of my small collection relating to Flemish collaboration forces.

Enjoy

Rene Chavez
            Http://axis101.bizland.com
            Rene... you already know that I like your...'small' collection...
            Beautiful and original badges... Your feldpostcover is send to Ustuf Rolf Eberding.. KIA.. member of the 4. Kp. of the Flemish Legion.

Comment

mmmm sweet things
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

[QUOTE=JOHN VD HEIJDEN]
                Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
                ...Holland, Holland....great people...they even went to the prestigeous MAX-show on the costs of Flandern...

Pieter.[/QUOTE/]

I really don,t know what or who you mean

but I think Flandern is a nobel man

Next year you can pick me up at zaventum
                Coco will explain when he's back...
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

Tunic form the "Vlaamse Fabriekswacht/Wachtbrigade"

Hi to all,

I'm was able to hold Kris' tunic in my hands. Pictures just don't do justice with such an incredible rare piece.

Although this is not my area of collecting, it was a thril to see and feel it in real!

Thanks for sharing it Kris!

Cheers

Jan
                  'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hi guys,
                    just a question.
                    What is the price of:

-belgian SS skull
                    -lion arm shield
                    -belgians ss Runic sign
                    -'zwarte brigade' sign

kr
                    gilles

Comment

Rene,

We have known eachother for some years now thanks to the Internet, maybe (and hopefully) we can meet eachother also in real someday, you know my plans concerning the USA ... I'll keep you posted anyway! Great flemish items!

And then Adrian, just a fantastic recruiting poster ... I just knew that more flemish stuff was out there, I hope this encourages other forum members to post their stuff too!

Kris, great uniform, got your e-mail concerning this big purchase, will reply on it later tomorrow! Just looks stunning! Keep that type of stuff comming!
                      Your explanation regarding the vlaamse wacht - vlaamse fabriekswacht is correct too! The Vlaamsche Fabriekswacht later became the Vlaamsche Wachtbrigade and finally the Flämische FLakbrigade and even some members were involved in the fighting in and around Arnhem! Just as a little side note, it was founed by Christiaan Hendrik Turcksin, who was the owner of a bar/café in Brussels where a lot of high ranking luftwaffe officers and all that like to have drinks!

Gilles, prices, prices, prices ... something is worth what the fool is ready to pay up for it! Would you buy a lion shield for $ 50? I do, would I buy one for $ 250? Off course ... Would I buy one for $ 400? Yes ... and so on and on ... it's just a matter of what you are willing to pay for a piece and if it is available ...demand and offer ...

Kind regards
                      Geert

Comment

Kris? Nice tunic. Does this one come from a dealer in Oostend? I saw one like this a time agoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner
                          Kris? Nice tunic. Does this one come from a dealer in Oostend? I saw one like this a time agoo.
                          Hi Steiner,

No, it doesn't some from a dealer.
                          You mean you saw one like this and didn't buy it

Man, you should have called me

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner
                            Rosseel?
                            Kind regards,
                            Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

And his daughter, hé Jan.
                              Originally posted by Giel
                              Rosseel?

Comment

Originally posted by junior
                                And his daughter, hé Jan.
                                Rosseel? His daughter?

Ahum... i don't know what you're talking about

Altough, i agree, women from Flandern are highly collectable and always original

So, anybody else something to show ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X