No announcement yet.

Ss 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I also believe that the 25 year was never awarded...if it was, why did Himmler not have one?
      Contrary to what is accepted by the majority of collectors, I believe that the Kampfzeit period did not count as double in this case, as noted on page 68, section 2, paragraph (2) (concerning the reckoning of service time) of the 1938 Reichsgesetzblatt...
      Attached Files

Comment

Apologies for the bad pictures...here is a close-up of thre relevant paragraph...
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a period publication showing a round suspension loop & a narrow ribbon...
          Attached Files

Comment

Chris.

Nice cross and nice display!

Oddly, Himmler never officially qualified for the SS Long Service Award, although he wore it. Perk of the job.

The awards were for full time active service in the SS-VT, SS-TV and Junkerschulen........which Himmler never had!

The Allgemeine-SS never qualified for it. They got the NSDAP Long Service Awards..............like the SA, NSKK, etc.

Comment

Nice medal.

According to an expert on militaria, these are worth about $100 - $125 (Canadian):

http://canadianantiquesroadshow.com/qna_medals.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                ...SS-VT, SS-TV and Junkerschulen.............
                ...would that also mean the Waffen-SS Robin if service continued into the Waffen-SS?

John

Comment

Chris,

That sure is one seriously fine SS medal you have there!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! I collect them too, but so far, I've only gotten as far as the 8-year, and that's as far as I'm likely to get.

Congratulations!

Chris

Comment

Attached the Verordnungsblatt #289 der W-SS 1.Jahrgang 1940.

Further more in Verordnung 2.Jahrgang 1941 #449 "only the ribbon of the first and second class allows to show the runes on the ribbon". Further more I have no more docu about it. So far regarding original award documents for the 3rd & 4th class I have seen only for VT & TV members.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelm View Post
                        Chris,

That sure is one seriously fine SS medal you have there!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! I collect them too, but so far, I've only gotten as far as the 8-year, and that's as far as I'm likely to get.

Congratulations!

Chris

I am fortunate enough to have 2 complete sets of 4, 8 and 12 year, 1 set came back from a Canadian vet along with about 50 other medals he brought back from the war while in the RCASC. And a nice 25 year as well.

Comment

Wow! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard.
                          Try fifteen times that value.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                            Attached the Verordnungsblatt #289 der W-SS 1.Jahrgang 1940.

Further more in Verordnung 2.Jahrgang 1941 #449 "only the ribbon of the first and second class allows to show the runes on the ribbon". Further more I have no more docu about it. So far regarding original award documents for the 3rd & 4th class I have seen only for VT & TV members.

Hi Robert...thanks for that info.....so that would tend to indicate service in the Waffen-SS would not count....that is interesting.

John

Comment

Really excellent awards shown here!!!

Comment

This is what the original proposal form looked like...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X