Ss 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss 12

Well, after ten F$#@@#@ years of searching for the SS 12-year service medal, I finally found it. Thanks, Ken!
    No, it does not have the proper ribbon, but it looks very nice with a regular blue service ribbon. I think this is by far, the nicest SS award of them all, and maybe the prettiest medal from the entire 3rd Reich.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this Deschler beauty.

Best, Chris
    Attached Files

next

next
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

12 Year SS medal

Yep, a real nice Deschler.Congrats Chris
        Best Regards , Kale

Comment

Nice medal ...this one fairly gets around...it was here in the UK until recently (for quite a reasonable price).
          It would appear that some previous collector has tried to re-form the original round suspension loop into a teardrop one in the erroneous belief that all SS=Service awards were manufactured with the teardrop variety.
          A couple of questions; which particular trait of this medal attributes it to 'Deschler'?...is it the jump ring? (when compared with the Deschler 4 & 8 year medals) and...could this necessarily mean that the 12 & 25 year awards were also manufactured by Petz & Lorenz? (as in the 4 & 8 year medals)

Comment

I don't think this is a case of the original ring being re-formed - I think this is just a replacement ring from some other medal that someone tried (very poorly) to form into a tear drop. The original ring would be frosted just like the medal. Still a nice example, but I think a near perfect ring repair could be done.

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys!

I believe that it has finally found it's permanent home.

I've never seen anything other than Deschler 12 and 25 year medals.
              The pebbling and the beveled loop, tells us that it is Deschler.
              However, most of these have a small cut in the bottom right corner of the swastika. This one does not. So, it is a bit rarer because of this.

Best,
              Chris

Comment

nice looking medal
                btw very nice display

Comment

Nice original and super display
                  Luca
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Very nice itens.

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                      I think this is by far, the nicest SS award of them all, and maybe the prettiest medal from the entire 3rd Reich.

Best, Chris

errr - does that mean you put it on with your black cocktail dress and high heels to make yourself look extra pretty????

It is a nice medal though Chris.......

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

LOL, Tony! Bob, thank you for the pics of your excellent medals.

Comment

Very Nice.

I like

Comment

What's not to like with this award? It has a giant, frosted swastika, THREE sets of SS runes (one hand-stitched in wire, one on the medal front and one on the back). Another set of runes on the beautiful, red lined premium case. A highly polished oakleaf wreath (double-sided even).

It just SCREAMS 3rd Reich from 25 yards away.

My wife wouldn't let me sell the house for the complete set on the e-stand a few weeks ago. May take years to get over the depression.

Has anyone found any pics of it in wear (other than the shot of Himmler's medal bar)?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X