No announcement yet.

Bevo Cap Eagle opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clemens Wagner makers stamp, other than it having a Bevo eagle it's good and under UV light, nothing glows.
    Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
      Clemens Wagner makers stamp, other than it having a Bevo eagle it's good and under UV light, nothing glows.
      Regards,
      Kevin
      do you finde this one in eban ?

Comment

KJV, did you do a deal off auction with the seller? the auction ended with bids on it...

Comment

Hi Guys,
          you can't do that, you all know that's in opposition to Ebans rules.
          Regards,
          Kevin

Comment

Well, good for you, but when i bid on an item, i expect to play by the rules..never want to hear anyone of you complain about this practice though if you benefit from it..just sayin..

Same man has pulled some visor auctions (including an SA kepi) from people offering off site bids..not very cool.

Comment

Doug,
              There were no bids on these caps. (CASE CLOSED) !!!
              Regards,
              Kevin

Comment

Doug,
                by the way, that SA Kepi is still up for sale on Ebay, the bids up to about $579.00, if your interested.
                Regards,
                Kevin

Comment

This Hobby has no sympathy for the unprepared, and little respect for those who take precaution as incidental. Next time bid like you know what your looking at! That's what I say
                  Regards,
                  Kevin

Comment

Kevin..do you charge for your dispensation of knowledge in these matters?

I don't wish to enter into a protracted discussion on this, but all i am saying is that for all the people who complain about offsite buys, and people asking to take down auctions, this is an example of it, and you feel you have done nothing wrong..again, good for you...you played against the system and came away pretty fat.

However, and this is a point i am sure you will take into consideration, there are threads about people doing exactly what you have done, and undermining the integrity of the auction process.

I think you will find that the caps and helmets etc go on and off like a yo-yo, due to the nature of offsite buying.That it is on again is not surprising.The only caveat i can say is that while not having a dog in the fight myself (i bid for a friend..) he was disappointed in the auction being cancelled on an item he liked.

I think you may find that there were a few bids in the early morning, there were at least two, so i imagine we may never know now that it's pulled..

that's my take..thus endeth the sermon..!!!

Comment

Here is the auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-3-WWII-Ge...QQcmdZViewItem
                      if you see, there were no bids, or do you see something I don't? that is when the auction was ended! I offered $500.00 he asked if I would give him $600.00, I said yes, I did not know if anyone else offered him money for the caps. and if I did not offer $600.00 for them I would have been a fool, what would you have done?
                      Regards,
                      kevin

Comment

Come on Kenwright, whats your answer to how many bids were on these caps? you got the original auction looking at you, when it was ended. Tell me again how many bids were on the caps EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?
                        Kevin

Comment

btt for onnop

Comment

I've bought many things off ebay after the auction was ended, removed or withdrawn. In every case, I just politely asked the seller if the item was still for sale and then closed the deal. I don't see any problem with that.
                            The problem some people have with it can only be because they didn't think to do the same thing and missed out.

Comment

Thanks BenVK,
                              I'm glad someone here has seen the point. There were no bids on the three caps. I offered a price, he wanted $100.00 more and I was happy to pay it. Better a collector gets it, than the owner never puts it on again, and it goes off to a Yard sale, I don't think I did anything wrong, and I got three outstanding caps for the risk.
                              Regards,
                              Kevin

Comment

I think when a seller pulls an item, any bids are removed, which would explain the listing now showing 0 bids.
                                Regards,
                                Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X