Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevo Cap Eagle opinions

Hi Guys,
    what's your thoughts on this cap eagle? I know the picture is not that great, but that's all he sent
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Its an original BeVo eagle.

Comment

Hi Felix,
      Thanks for the thumbs up. It was the triangle shape that threw me, did they wear bevo triangle shaped eagles on caps, if so, anyone have any examples?
      Thanks
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
        Hi Felix,
        Thanks for the thumbs up. It was the triangle shape that threw me, did they wear bevo triangle shaped eagles on caps, if so, anyone have any examples?
        Thanks
        Kevin

Thats a good bevo style cap eagle. Its applied to an SS VT cap (judging by the pic) The early caps had the skull button on front and the eagle on the side of the embrodiered variety,on a black triangle..This sytle is much harder to find that its bevo cousin.The bevo eagle utilizes part of the backing usually trimmed off to mimick the triangle pattern.If this was done pre 1945 who knows. However if the eagle is good (which it is) & the cap & button are real no problems with it. (even if eagle is postwar applied) Best Richard

Comment

Hello Richard,
          yes it is applied to a SS-Vt Cap, the cap maker is Clemens Wagner and I believe the field grey Totenkopf button on the front is good, I have not seen the VT caps with bevo eagles. these are the best shots I have of this cap, opinions before I go.
          Regards,
          Kevin

Comment

another shot , Sorry for the large photos guys.

Comment

VERRY INYERESTING!!!Billbert

Comment

button shot, best I have
                Regards,
                Kevin

Comment

Button is a good one as well! I see no red flags on the cap either(from the limited details) Its not "textbbok" example, but if you are happy with it & the price is right, Id go for it.Though if looking to re sell it you might hit some bumps due to it not being "typical manufacture" Id have no problem owning it. Best Rich

PS:

Heres the eagle typically found on this cap
                  Attached Files

Comment

heres the tk button on mine (just like yours)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich,
                      Thanks, I have seen many pieces over the years not textbook, I think I did ok on price, I got this cap, a Bahnschutz officers over seas cap, also made by Clemens Wagner and a HJ sommer schiffchen for $600.00 USD, I think just for the good insignia, I did OK.
                      Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

I just got the cap, here are some better photos, this is the front side
                        Thanks,
                        Kevin

Comment

back of sewn eagle

Comment

button front

Comment

button back with S ring

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X