Some Tunics for your approval and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
    Perhaps he meant "more pictures will keep people away from buying them"?
    One should note that I gave my initial comment about the pictures before the post was edited with more and larger images.

Oragno; He indicated that he wanted to sell the tunics.

Others; I would like to hear explainations why the rune tab on the Stug wrap is bad.

From my point of view that might very well be an original early style officer rune tab (see photo - which I will remove if the owner complains -its not a tab from my collection). The shape of the runes and the high quality tight embroidery indicates that. However its another question when this collar tab was added to the tunic. An early style "pre war" rune tab like that is something unusual on a war time jacket.

About the wrap itself I can say nothing and Im sceptic about originality of the sleeve eagle.

"Felix" - N. Hansson
    Attached Files

Comment

The sleeve eagle is a reproduction.

Comment

Thanks for the help. But is the LSAH BANDSMAN'S TUNIC all bad, this tunic is from the Stuart McKenzie collection, and was to fetcher as the cover picture uniform on one of his new books, and I'm sure it has a letter of authentication, funny that's wrong.

Mal
        Last edited by MAL; 09-22-2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Everyone thinks what they have is original but whoever it was didnt dare post it on a forum because they knew it would get bad reviews. You wouldnt believe the amount of stuff people have that isnt shown because they know it will get torn to shreds here,rightfully so in many cases. People bought stuff from N&T and other dealers early on in the history of forums and got rooked, some is being sold behind the scenes as real.
          I personally will post anything here even if it means Im going to get it with no vaseline because I would rather get some trash talk than a few hundred or thousand less in my account when I developed tunnel vision.

Comment

I have added a better picture of the insignia on the LSAH tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X