Ugly Fake SS Julleuchter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vid View Post
    Since you put that 6 dot premise out there...........
    Kris.

I never put any such premise 'out there'.

See post #25 in the link below.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=248397&page=2

The domino effect has nothing to do with whether a Julleuchter is original or not. It's just one characteristic of a specific production run.

The bottom line is that if someone makes a good reproduction which is sold as such to a second party, who then sells it on as an original, the maker can't be held responsible.

You'd be as well saying that national museum shops etc. shouldn't sell 'souvenir' copies of ancient Egyptian artefacts etc. because the tourists will just go home and sell them on to their friends as originals.

Collectors need to do more of their own research before they buy things.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
      This pig is almost $100.00 US...........
      Will $100 US buy anything at all, these days??
      Attached Files

Comment

Robin,

I am not blaming you, but on one of your original posts with your piece you noted the 6 dots as unique to the piece itself and that it had known pedigree.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. What I am saying is people have obviously read it as I keep hearing it via e-mail and at shows. This is why I took the position I did on that thread, as some people are using it to authenticate a real piece when buying.

Now it has showed up on a horrible fake, but how long will it be horrible?. I mean they are clay after all.

The use of the Allach mark as applied by this gentlemen is just not what I like to see, as some fool will think its real and pay for it. This does no one any service. He might better have just signed his name if he cared.

And what happens when that mark shows up on something else? some idiot will call it textbook, why? because it is.

People do need to do their homework, I agree but they don't. That is the reality we see all too often. By placing that mark as he has done no service and in fact a detriment to the hobby.

JMHO

Kind Regards,

Kris
        Last edited by Vid; 11-17-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kris.

I agree with a lot of what you've said.

I just admire that guy's talent in making that reproduction. A bit like Chris and his dad with the copy SS rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
            Will $100 US buy anything at all, these days??
            I see your point, but lets face it. These are on auction site's and that is an Allach mark. Its in the book. Whats not in the book is a real picture, which is not really relevant to these pieces anyway.

He does have talent, and I have seen it for sale. I have even requested from him a better look-see at the mark via Ebay and he did not respond. He does state it is a handmade reproduction on the auction, but to use that mark to me does not in any way say tell-tale to the uneducated.

Actually, I have Chris's e-mail and plan on ordering one of his rings and I hear they are great, but he is not applying textbook markings and is pretty clear about that. And honor rings are a study and by nature a different animal entirely.

I don't like it personally.
            Last edited by Vid; 11-17-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Cheers!
              Attached Files

Comment

That one I like a lot!!

Cheers Sir!

Comment

Robin

Robin, do not worry about the US Dollar it will soon be pegged to the Mexican Peso and the freefall will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Robin, do not worry about the US Dollar it will soon be pegged to the Mexican Peso and the freefall will stop.

Comment

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5360965

And the games begin with a question mark (?)

And the seller knows its bad as he is an Ebay seller who has other bad Allach and moved his auctions to 321 when I called him on them.

Comment

Kris, That one wouldn't even fool a novice!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                          Kris, That one wouldn't even fool a novice!
                          Wanna bet?

Comment

Here's my Julleuchter. It was given to me in 1996 by a former SS-Hauptsturmführer from the SS-Panzer Rgt. "Totenkopf". That Julleuchter was probably made post-1945, but what was really important to me was who gave it to me.

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

The vet who gave me the Julleuchter is on the left in the black panzer uniform in this pic taken at Modlin, Poland in October 1944 while a member of the SS-Panzerjäger Abt. "Totenkopf". He joined the W-SS in 1935 and is still living.

John
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by John P. Moore; 11-27-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Sometimes the source of an item makes it that much more cherished. I have items laying around that are not worth a lot of money and keep because I just cant let them go. Its just the way it is.

K

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X