Ugly Fake SS Julleuchter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Fake SS Julleuchter

Granted, its a pretty poor copy, and the "SS runes" on the bottom are a laugh riot. However, it is the first fake julleuchter I've seen where the maker knew enough to reproduce the "six dots".

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=79764272

Sorry, wrong post

Comment

Really ugly, it seems a school homework
      Mike

Comment

[quote=Mr. Scratch;2163360]......it is the first fake julleuchter I've seen where the maker knew enough to reproduce the "six dots".
        quote]

Ditto. Very interesting.

Here's a fake produced by HIAG in the 1980s...............
        Attached Files

Comment

Everything that guy sells is absolute crap......and I mean everything!

Comment

I saw that one, it's so funny I just might buy it!

Comment

Just how do you go about authenticating one of these things? They almost look home made.

Glenn
              Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM.
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

modern Julleuchter

Here is a modern example bought about 6 years ago here in the USA. It is well made but purposely not trying to fool anyone. From the shape of the base to the lack of the entwined SS proof marks, and it is smaller than the originals. I glazed it myself to make it a bit stronger.
                --Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

mod. Jull.

on the inside wall is a modern maker's trademark(dot within a circle) .
                  It is not "made to fool."
                  --Michael
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                    Just how do you go about authenticating one of these things? They almost look home made.

Glenn
                    Glenn.

There are dozens of different types of repros.........usually sold by the 'New Age' and pseudo-pagan type (not militaria) dealers. If you do a Google search you'll see what's available.

In my experience, originals are 'heavy', with thick walls and a reddish-brown appearance. The runes are deeply impressed. Many fakes are thinner, with rough 'slipware' finishing and are darker brown in colour. The runes are less deep.

Comment

Last edited by nick82sgc; 11-17-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nick82sgc View Post
                        Here is one of my homemade reproductions. I put a mark on the bottom.
                        Nice quality copy. With a tell-tale mark. Well done!

Comment

Its not a tell tale mark to everyone. Its fraud.

As for the top piece, it must be real as it has 6 dots. I believe I was chided for discounting this very point as an indicator of authenticity when applied to a piece.

Its only a matter of time till these get better. Its happening all over the place, are you going to feel better about that "tell-tale maker mark when someone pays 650.00 or 1000.00 for it?. Or authenticate a 6 dot piece that has been improved based on the appearance because it has become an acceptable indicator of originality.

Its fraud and someone is going to get burned. And when they do I will be there to point it out. I hope the manufacturer of this fake mark accepts his responsibility with a monetary pay off to the first fool who pays real money for one.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                            It's fraud.
                            Kris.

How can it be fraud?

The maker is openly describing the fact that he made it.

Comment

Robin,

They are entering the market place with a known Allach mark, granted the wrong mark for this piece, but it looks like an intent to deceive to me. Even if not the intent of the manufacturer it will be the case in time. I don't study Juhllectors nor have I really studied them heavily as you have. But since you put that 6 dot premise out there it is the only thing I hear at shows and such. It does have an impact and now a faker is on it.

Its reckless at best. That is just my opinion Robin, I do not like it at all. Too many fakes coming out, you should see my desktop its loaded with them.

Best,

Kris

This pig is almost 100.00 American and reserve not hit yet and 2 bidders. You like this one? http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5360124
                              Last edited by Vid; 11-17-2007, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X