Hello
          no problem
          JdH

Comment

Nice Zeltbahn
            Luca
            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I just love that plane tree camo!! Very nice example!

Sepp

Comment

original,and the asking price is good to for this one

Comment

cont

Hi!
                  Its OK ! Nice!Congratulation!

ibencsik

Comment

How much does a nice plane tree zelt go for nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyA View Post
                      How much does a nice plane tree zelt go for nowadays?
                      One like this with a lot of wear and most of the buttons gone I'd say ca. 600-700Euro....If worse less than that, if better more. A very nice wartime platane zelt will be in the area of 1000-1200Euro...a "mint" one might be a little bit more. Highest dealer prices I have seen so far were ca. 2500usd for ones in good condition.

Stamps and rarity of patterns can effect the price as well, but I disregard these here... for a general overview it would be too much....

Hope this helps....

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

I will take as many original complete SS plane tree zelts at 600 to 700 euros which anyone wants to sell. In my experience the Plane tree zelt is hard to find under 1000 euro in any condition and I would like to get an example of each number. As for the price of the early hand printed ones ? Goodness knows

Fritz, if you know of any for sale at the moment please let me know,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                          I will take as many original complete SS plane tree zelts at 600 to 700 euros which anyone wants to sell. In my experience the Plane tree zelt is hard to find under 1000 euro in any condition and I would like to get an example of each number. As for the price of the early hand printed ones ? Goodness knows

Chris
                          Chris and Fritz ,just wondering what are those early hand printed zelts? How we recognize them? Thanks for info!!
                          Good afternoon Petr.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post

Chris

Chris,
                            I have one on estand:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=234577

Fully handscreened ones were made up to 1944, "really early" platane ones are the "vt style", they are pre 1940, have different patterns (except of 3/4, which remained more or less the same) and have anodized buttons and grommets ( green for the spring side and goldbrown for the autumn side ) . And yes, these are "a bit" more expensive.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
                              Chris and Fritz ,just wondering what are those early hand printed zelts? How we recognize them? Thanks for info!!
                              Good afternoon Petr.

Petr,
                              the first ss camo zelts had fully handscreened platane patterns that looked different than the wartime fully handscreened ones (with the exception of the 3/4 pattern which remained more or less the same during the war). They also had the unique feature of anodized buttons and grommets to increase the camouflage effect, aparently this practise was too time consuming and was discontinued in 1939, remaining stocks were used into 1940. That means you can find 1940 zetls and maybe even 1941 zetls that have a couple of anodized buttons and grommets and the remaining buttons and grommets in the silver metal color.

The true VT zelts were made from 1936-1939, followed by the "wartime" ones starting in 1940.

The very early wartime ones (1940) can still have VT patterns and some anodized metal parts, but they can't be considered VT anymore. Later in 1940 the patterns changed ( with the exception of the 3/4 prints) and the buttons and grommets were more and more of the common silver style.

Another platane zelt type is the so called overprint pattern, these are reffered to as "later" issue and can be recognized by the oak pattern in the backround. The oak pattern is a machine (roller) print, once they had the oak pattern printed on the fabric they printed the dark platane "overprint" by hand on the fabric.

Hope this helps...

I will try to post some pics later today.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X