WaffenSS Obersturmbannfuhrer Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaffenSS Obersturmbannfuhrer Tunic

I would appreciate comments on this tunic.

Thanks

André
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

More, better and more detailed photos are needed!
          But nothing wrong so far.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The tunic is made from Russian Canvas and is a custom tailored piece. The insgnias all look good to me. An interesting jacket. Only a hands on inspection could really tell you anything.

Comment

I agree with Jpic that insignias looks original (cant tell about the bords from photos though). Beautiful runic collar tab and a rare version of the enlisted sleeve eagle. These facts are good signs. However this is a fieldpiece, and not any dresstunic, and yet it is totally mint. Few items like this survived without extensive wear I believe.

This doesnt make it bad at all, but a closer examination is needed by some one knowledgeable.

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

In hand Felix it is not mint. I know the former owner.

Comment

Tunics looks nice, the rank tab however has non matching pips... replacements perhaps? and the runes tab looks a little too square to me (not rectangular enough) but could be the angle of the picture maybe? Its an intriguing piece. I agree that captured Russian shelter half material was often used for field tunics and could be the case here, but another possibility is the following: post September '43 a lot of Italian khaki "olona" cotton bolts of fabric (used for Italian summer "sahariana" and "camiciotto"uniforms), made its way to the Reich and utilized for "Balkan" (S******252;d front) uniforms. So could also be that type of (softer) fabric used here. Hard to tell but its got the right shade! Thanks for showing! Nick
                          Last edited by NickG; 05-06-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback

Andre

Comment

SS Tunic

The tunic in question is mine and is on consignment with Grenadier Military Antiques. It is in no way mint, it has been heavily worn. As I have said several times you can not judge age and wear from digital pictures. All the insignia are textbook originals and show the same wear as the tunic and are untouched. The one pip has been replaced and I am sure was done during the period. This is a field made tunic and is an excellent example of a higher ranking SS combat officers tunic that you do not have to spend $10,000 dollars to get. Whoever buys this tunic will be more than happy with it I can assure you. I cant keep them all and this one was chosen to leave the flock. And I might add that a number of very well known and respected people in this field of collecting have inspected this tunic and have all found no problems with it. An Original untouched SS Officers tunic my friends and at a Very fair price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X