SS General's tabs - junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS General's tabs - junk?

Just picked these up. Looking for your opinions on these as, while I own an SS item or two, I'm really just a cap guy.

Photos aren't the best since I don't own a scanner.

These are still sewn together. The tag on the revese has some yellowing (age) to it that you might not notice with my flash having hit it. Don't know what else to say...

Any thoughts
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

RZM closer
      Attached Files

Comment

pips closer...
        Attached Files

Comment

last shot...

As always, thanx in advance for your help & guidance!
          Attached Files

Comment

Far too easy! These are reproductions… nowhere near close. An original pair of SS-Oberstgruppenf******252;hrer would cost you a fortune… even a pair of SS-Obergruppenf******252;hrer are expensive and difficult to acquire.

Bob

Comment

I agree with Bob concerning these tabs.

These are total incorrect. Recommend taking a walk into the W-A archives.
              Plenty of excellent information can be found concerning original and fake S.S. General's collar tabs.

Hope you can get a refund from the seller.

Regrets,
              Howard

Comment

Well, my fifteen minute fantasy was really enjoyable. Guess I'll have to hang myself now or search out my luger...

Actually, I did search around for threads and found a great one. These seemed to have (to a simple Irish lad) many of the nuances of the featured originals but it's kind of hard to argue with you seasoned folks who have handled this stuff.

Thanx for the prompt responses. Rick C.

Comment

As the two esteemed forum members above have mentioned......No where close, shape of the oakleafs and acorns are incorrect. The black material is incorrect. The label is incorrect. These are a pair of wartime collar patches with a pre war gothic label on them, which looks to me to be a photocopy of an original label
                  Sincerely
                  Bob

Comment

Thank you Bob for the detail (This is how us unenlightened folks get some wisdom) and thank you Bob & Howard for your comments as well.

Until I win the lottery & can buy a set for my little collection of General's items I guess these will suffice to peer at for a while since they beat the heck out of the common repros I've seen around.

Any other details anyone can share or link me to would be appreciated. Up here one doesn't get to see examples of this stuff unless it's on the web - 'hands on' is impossible. So any data I might read & view is welcome.

Thanx again, Rick C.

Comment

Hi Rick,

Try this thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=155421

Has just about everything you might want to know, and more!

Cheers,
                      Howard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X