MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tunic buttons with SS Runes in a diamond.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic buttons with SS Runes in a diamond.........

....and TWO numbers following the "M5". Like these sold by Detlev recently......Are they good?
    Attached Files

No, these are copies...sorry...

Comment

They are considered copies since none have ever surfaced attached to tunics that were not post war. They have been around however since before I started collecting in 1974,because I used to see cards of them for sale.It would be interesting to know exactly when they were made.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Good to "see" you, John..................(1000th post)

Comment

I've been seeing them too since the 70s.. even have a few laying around somewhere,,given to me as repros..

BB, Were they sold as originals or reproductions?? , G.

Comment

I have always thought that these buttons were attributed to English fake maker Tony Oliver? He made the fake SS belt buckles with the same SS in a diamond proof mark. If I see him this year, I will ask him, but I don't know if he will tell me or not.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian- try a tube sock full of wood screws; it can work wonders as a 'tongue loosener'!

Cheers,
              Arran.

Comment

G. - They were sold as originals for $180. Adrian - Oliver's belt buckle is what I associate most with the SS Runes in a diamond marking, but I've read anything with it is no good. I thought it was a faker's twist on the olc in a diamond marking found on dagger clips.

Comment

well they were known as fake years ago and they're fakes now, unless one of the advanced collectors comes by and say 'hey yeah they're good I have them on my tunics ' someone is going to get a $180 refund.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X