SS Italien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I can't say that I have ever heard of an original, and perhaps Mr. Hritz can shed some more light on the title.

Feel free to check out every image of Karl Wolff that I have ever seen in my signature.......

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Bob is correct an Italien SS Cuff title did exist, but it had nothing to do with the Italian SS. It was worn by the SS General Command Staff in Italy, although I never saw a photo myself . I did handle an original that was in the collection of an Old Time SS collector from NJ who is now deceased .
      It was certainly not worn on RED.
      Last edited by Dennis S; 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Dear Ian
        dont mix the cards..we were talking about an Italian SS cuffband with the word Italien and NOT about anything related to HSSPF...about the SS Italian cuffband I say never and all the guys here with a proper Italian SS knowledge say never as well then....If you would like to proof you must show any kind of reference like original pictures or catalogue etc.etc. not just words.

Anyway may someone post any picture of Wolff with that cuffband on?
        Im very curious to see it.
        Thanks
        T

PS:....I beg pardon, maybe my mystake about Charlemagne, I've mistaken for something else since I havn't got Angolia by hands...but again: did any picture with that CF exist?
        Last edited by Drapeau Noir; 03-23-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Until we get the pictures enjoy this original MOD 44 Italian SS hat
          Last edited by ITALIANWARFRONT; 04-16-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

side

Comment

back

Comment

liner with no maker for obvious reasons

Comment

Comment

real Italian SS volunteer poster

Comment

Comment

I really, really like that poster

Comment

Nice original poster but nothing to do with the cufftitle....
                          PS-May I knwo where the poster come from? there is and original picture of it on the wall on some of my Italian SS books...

Cheers
                          T

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post
                            Nice original poster but nothing to do with the cufftitle....
                            PS-May I knwo where the poster come from? there is and original picture of it on the wall on some of my Italian SS books...

Cheers
                            T
                            Was taken from Italy in the 1960 buy a US soldier station in Vicenza

Comment

I'm curious to see what will show up, although I learnt from experience that when a story starts with "I got it from a veteran" it is indeed only a story
                              Don't forget that, besides the inconsistent details in the back up story, which are not probatory yet, there is still the chance that, in case the veteran really exists, he may have made up things a little. I also hardly imagine someone traveling from ARgentina nowadays with a SS uniform in the luggage, with all the securiy checks we are having.
                              It happened to me not so long ago, while interviewing and spending time with a veteran of San Marco Division,that he wanted to show me his "original" beret , training in Germany award and one badge from Fulmine Bn (Xa Mas) he got from a friend. You could easily imagine how excited i was, until i got a cold shower when he put in my hands a bunch of reproductions for vets that he swore he brought back from battlefields.
                              The old man was about 90, and he probably enjoyed to share his wartime stories with someone so eager to listen and such white lie did not harm anyone. I wasn't there as a collector, but just as someone willing to listen, but this is just an example on how a legend starts Not so long ago there was a kid trying to sell a X Mas helmet on ebay quoting he got from a vet. I see him relisting it many times, but the poor lad did not sell it, and you can imagine why.
                              Sorry for the long post, let's hope the guy will share with us this "Arabian Phoenix"

Comment

Hi Giorgio, I love the Italian field cap and poster really wonderful stuff.
                                You indicated Mod44 for the field cap I thought that they were Mod42?
                                Also does the field cap have a stiff carboard inside the crown were the TK is attached and what material is the lining looks like artificial silk?

Rene Chavez
                                http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X