No announcement yet.

SS Blurred Edge Cover on E-Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is true that some clips have a very weak or no andization. Some have that in areas, that means a section of the clip remained blank while the rest was anodized.

As for ground dugg clips; it is correct that I can't see any traces of the typical corosion that you can see on some ground dugg examples ( like the one Emilio has shown us ), it is also true that one can find near perfect clips in the ground after 60+ years. That depends on were they were lying and if they had contact with other metals such as steel. But it is also very important that the clip has not been damaged before it went into the ground. Here I can see on the last picture (post #15) that there is a tear visible, this is commonly a area were the forces of corosion can work as far as aluminium is concerned. Are there any traces of that, Chris?

It would be of help if some "diggers" could share their opinion with us in this case.

Furthermore I would like to say that I believe that I have seen pictures of this cover before and that I, back then, did also believe that the clips could be ground dugg. But then my opinion was based on much worse pictures. So I can fully understand Emilio's concerns, although I still think that this cover+clips could be ok.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Hi Folks,

Chris has owned beautiful rare helmets, but I have to side with Emilio on this one. Those rocker clips to me are without a doubt ground dug; that is typical aluminium ground corrosion.

The argument that these clips and that cover are original to each-other is like mixing an Allgemeine black tunic with Pea dot 44 pants and saying they're an original match. I'm afraid the cover itself is too new to even come close to being weathered to the same level as the rocker clips.

My two cents,

Asper

Comment

cover

This cover looks good to me.

The clips just look like they were never anodized.

I really like the wear along the springs and were the cover creased while on a shell.
        That's all good stuff in my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X