Attached Files

Comment

Posting for Bucatar 11.
        Attached Files

Comment

Posting for Bucatar 12.
          Attached Files

Comment

I feel confident that this wrap is original. The last group of photos posted by Richard clinched the deal for me. They show a number of slight details that I have never seen on a fake and are most always found on originals...but sledom mentioned.

As always with photos alone there is that chance of being wrong, but if fakes of items like this have reached the level of incorporating the degree of deception measures that this one would have to have had employed to show the things in those last excellent photos...then I quit.
            Last edited by phild; 05-21-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Phil,

Nice to have you back. I was pretty much convinced earlier, but I know the cuff stitching tends to be a big hang up for many, so I wanted to gather more evidence. The lining may also be a polished cotton which photographs like silk. Most likely rayon, but impossible to tell in photos. The back of the collar differs from most, but falls well within manufacturing standards in the TR era. Many fakes are way overdone on the backs of the collar.

Gabor,

I agree with Phil, you have a nice stripped original wrapper in the SS cut. It was never worn for civilian wear as it has all its buttons, original shoulder loops, etc. Thanks for coming to the forum and sharing. Congratulations on your wrap and hat.

Richard P

Comment

I would agree with Phil and Richard.Materials looks good.
                Some very little construction difference are acceptable in original example.

I would say from the pics :95% a good one

Francesco

Comment

Hello,
                  I still dont like the wrap, not for my collection.
                  maybe with an handinspection can change my mind, but for what I can see by pictures I dont like it.
                  Lorenz

Comment

Bucatar, by the last group of pictures posted IMO this wrap has really good chances to be original, congrats
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

wrap

Thank you for the comments again, it was a good confirmation. Besides the cuff, what other manufactoring differences are there to discuss(if they are to be discussed)?
                      Could any of the forum members post pics of tipical collarback, cuff etc.?
                      also what's the best way to recognize rayon? I have WH tunics with similar touch lining(not the color of course). What is common with the wrap and tunic linings is that where the material breaks and is exposed to heavier use, the color of the lining turns into red/brown (also visible on the pics)where the original color was dark grey.
                      Waiting for other comments and thanks again Richard

Comment

Bucatar,

The description of the wear and color change you describe would indicate polished cotton (at least thats what I call it) which was what I indicated it might be in my assessment. Rayon does not turn orange like cotton does. I have a 1936 dated Heer wrap with the black polished cotton lining and it turns orange with wear and/or sweat. It is hard to distinguish from silk.

Richard P.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X