• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FU hate posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
      btt, any news on this sad case?
      NOUP!
      I have got an new BE smock in my collection..kind of replacment..but still miss this lost beauty.
      Best regards
      Gisle

Comment

Gisle,

Sorry to hear about your lost/missing package. I do know if your customs forms are similar to ones in the United States, but there is a very small box with a sentance about returned items. If we ( here in the US) do not check mark the box, then after three delivery attempts, the Post office can and will throw the package away and mark it as non-delivery. My post master told me that there have been several packages in the back room on shelves from non-delivery attempts and where the box wasn't marked to return them to the original owner. He also knows, that after a while , they did get thrown away. I surely hope that this isn't the case with your items. Anyway, just thought you might like to know that little bit of info. Regards, Grant

Comment

Seriously sad story!

I did send a parcel to USA and brought it to the local DHL office on the 8th of March.
          Checking online via tracking number it said that it had been handled over to the next step which means it is on air one day later - from that time on...nothing about the actual status of the parcel anymore.

DHL works together with USPS and after handling the parcel over to USPS they are not responsible anymore in no way. Could be that the parcel is still on it´s way or could be already lost - who knows, who cares?

The lesson I learned whether the parcel shows up again or not:

Only via FedEx - they have their price - but they really do their job.

Comment

Last edited by Der Alte; 06-27-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I think I sent an SS armband to Lorenz once hes in Italy right? I remember it taking FOREVER to get to him,I stopped checking teh tracking after a while,I guess he got it ok was a year or 2 ago.

Comment

Insured?

Were the items insured for the full value???

Comment

,,lost pennant

,,Well, reading this thread makes me cringe. A month ago I mailed a HJ pennant to (now expelled?) forum member carlsson1985 in Belgie...apparently, it has yet to arrive.
                  USPS had a good track record with me until now.
                  I guess it could still be delivered.
                  Tracking info still reads the same,
                  accepted by my local post office....
                  Looks like if I mail abroad in the future it will be anybody but USPS?

Comment

will keep an eye out for you on this side of the world.
                    you never know where these items will turn up.

Comment

To groucho:

Every parcel send with DHL is insured with 500 Euros - but that does not need to mean that they indeed pay that amount when a parcel gets lost.

I can imagine that with the common parcel services the higher the declared value the higher is the risk that a parcel never arrives...

Items worth more than 1000 Euros ought to be send by FedEx anyway.

Comment

Insurance Q

My belief is, the more the item is insured for, despite the initial cost, and the more the insurance carrier might be obligated to pay on a claim, the more motivated the carrier shall be in terms of investigating the case. You have photographs of the items, you may have to retain the services of a dealer, unless you get someone to volunteer, to document the value of the items. Good Luck! Greg

Comment

,,pennant arrived!, (I guess?)

Originally posted by -wuffy- View Post
                          ,,Well, reading this thread makes me cringe. A month ago I mailed a HJ pennant to (now expelled?) forum member carlsson1985 in Belgie...apparently, it has yet to arrive.
                          USPS had a good track record with me until now.
                          I guess it could still be delivered.
                          Tracking info still reads the same,
                          accepted by my local post office....
                          Looks like if I mail abroad in the future it will be anybody but USPS?
                          ,,The daily emails stopped a couple of weeks ago. I can only assume that Sid received the HJ pennant. USPS shipping has never been a problem before this sale. My experience is that most of the time it takes a little longer than you expect. I will consider all options in the future when shipping overseas.
                          Cheers,
                          Paul

Comment

Btt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X