No announcement yet.

Ss Smock Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Enigma and Kammo man, dont joke about pink uniforms ..... original Leibermuster together with Swiss and Belgium Leibervariants are "Pink". SAS Landrovers up until recent years have been painted pink. Not sexy but it works in bombed out cities and in the desert. Late war Germany was bombed out and in the end they landed on the Leibermuster for this reason.

Until further proof, Im a beliver in these smocks, the spesific colour is not made to fool anyone looking for an ordinary Eichenlaubmuster. Late war after dropping both the reversible smocks and the M-44 DOT pattern, they made as we know the Leibermuster, this camouflagepattern was made as a "einheits uniform" - a camouflage uniform for all forces. In my opinion, you can only link the Leibermuster to SS if there is any SS insignia sewn on them.

And as Im back again after more than one year in Afghanistan, wishing you all a happy new year and good "hunting"

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Tom ,
      welcome back my friend , I am glad you got home safe and sound.

The joke is on me ...I bought one of these smocks as real 20ish years ago .
      It was not real WW2 vintage.

owen.

Comment

Pink is no joke. Wearing a pink Oxford to a business meeting is a power move.

Stay safe deployed.

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
        Naval Enigma and Kammo man, dont joke about pink uniforms ..... original Leibermuster together with Swiss and Belgium Leibervariants are "Pink". SAS Landrovers up until recent years have been painted pink. Not sexy but it works in bombed out cities and in the desert. Late war Germany was bombed out and in the end they landed on the Leibermuster for this reason.

Until further proof, Im a beliver in these smocks, the spesific colour is not made to fool anyone looking for an ordinary Eichenlaubmuster. Late war after dropping both the reversible smocks and the M-44 DOT pattern, they made as we know the Leibermuster, this camouflagepattern was made as a "einheits uniform" - a camouflage uniform for all forces. In my opinion, you can only link the Leibermuster to SS if there is any SS insignia sewn on them.

And as Im back again after more than one year in Afghanistan, wishing you all a happy new year and good "hunting"

Best regards, Tom

Comment

It takes a real man to wear pink .
          Because if you laugh you will get your head kicked in.

Drawing Room supporters club forever.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Tom ,
            welcome back my friend , I am glad you got home safe and sound.

The joke is on me ...I bought one of these smocks as real 20ish years ago .
            It was not real WW2 vintage.

owen.
            It feels like picking up a hooker and then finding a furry nutsack when you lift the skirt. At least the smock was pink on the inside too.

Comment

Check out posts .

post 69 the pink helmet cover .............beyond bad .

post 97 ...tanker jacket ........and words on the pink .

post 153 Lorenzo .

post 201 Myself 25 ish years ago with my fake smock , the green side so bad I did not even picture it .

owen

Comment

some other ways to see it

lost post maybe later, but probably does not matter anyway

Comment

Originally posted by alexandre View Post
                  Maybe this post will add nothing to this thread.
                  My knowledge is low concerning smock..
                  But I would like to do a parallel with an other subject I know better :
                  THE M43's CAP
                  and especially the PZSS cap called "Dachau" type.
                  except the fact the pre-45 origin can't be contested.

-The material used : never seen before on regular cap...
                  -Many details of construction : never seen before on regular cap...
                  -Period pics : one!!recently discovered and eventually post-war..for some collector's
                  -I have never seen or heard about a Dachau cap worn, with field provenance ( I mean not worn by a kid in 1953)

Today, without knowing the Dachau provenance , I would laugh about those ridiculous cap without
                  similarities with the classical "textbook" M43's

Just a thought...
                  Well for me this one above was probably the neatest post in the thread. For those familiar with these caps it illustrates perfectly most every pitfall when trying to compare 1:1 two different origin items BUT holding them to the same standard and criteria.

Comment

Looking at it from a statistical scientific point of view, odds are overwhelming it is post 1945.

Regards,
                    Joel

Comment

I'm tired off "Pink smocks". They are not ww2 period fabric..and will never be orginal period!

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                        I'm tired off "Pink smocks". They are not ww2 period fabric..and will never be orginal period!

I can see the tired part, but what characteristic of the fabric or any other of the material used in those smocks prevents it from being made during WWII?

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                          Check out posts .

post 69 the pink helmet cover .............beyond bad . Yes the helmet cover is a fake. There has never been any association with matching helmet covers to those smocks and the few that have shown up are not consistent with original covers in the way that they are made or the thread used nor do they use the same thread as the smock. I think that they were made from material from trashed smocks, just like hundreds of other fake SS covers have been made from orginal zelts....I just see no connection in terms that these originated from the same maker source as the smocks.

post 97 ...tanker jacket ........and words on the pink . I agree the wrap is fake and I have looked at a number of these back in the 80s as well. They do not use any thread that is even remotely similar to what is found in the smock and I have seen nothing to tell me that they are connected. In my opinion the hbt used in the fake wraps is a good deal different than what is found in the smock pocket bags. I would like to hear other's opinions on this aspect as it has been a long time since a compared them side by side and I may see it differently now....but it seemed to me that the wrap hbt was not as heavy and a different weave.

post 153 Lorenzo . Lorenzo made some excellent points. Most of his concern was with the inferior basically different material used in the smock compared to the German zelts and regular SS smock and the fact (again) that it is different. I agree with him, but the pink smock material is far superior to the SS hbt used in some of their original smocks as well as ALL smock fabric used by the Heer and also all camo material used in anything by the Germans EXCEPT zelt material.....No it's not the best and not up to zelt duck standards of water shedding properties...but it is FAR from bad.....it's at least as good as the U.S. field jacket shell fabric of WWII and many consider that pertty much the standard for the time in cotton outer clothing material.

If the SS textile office had siezed 5000 meters of this other type of cotton cloth they would have used it. Use of non-standard captured fabric (and everything else) is a well known fact not just a theory. This does not mean that this was the case with this fabric used in these smocks in any way, but to dismiss them because the fabric is not up to the best of the German used fabric is not a valid argument against them.

post 201 Myself 25 ish years ago with my fake smock , the green side so bad I did not even picture it . Are your saying that the pattern is "bad" when compared to a standard German oak leaf smock or that the colors are bad because they are in-effective camo, or both? I have to say that I don't see either objection. The pattern is IDENTICAL except to where they extended it a few cm's to fit a larger roller. The colors are fine as well and like every other camo pattern ever produced their effectivness is only measured against the terrain the camo is used in.

owen

I know that these will not be proven one way or the other by argument, but either through analysis or some kind of documentation.

Comment

KAMMO MAN

Just out of curiosity; Could it be that the man you sold your smock to (music industry guy) was Douglas P in the band "Death in June"?

http://www.last.fm/music/Death+in+June/+images/5497301

Comment

Oh my , that some fun trumpet blowing !!!!!

N160 , you are funny .

owen

Comment

Originally posted by Hilton View Post
                                KAMMO MAN

Just out of curiosity; Could it be that the man you sold your smock to (music industry guy) was Douglas P in the band "Death in June"?

http://www.last.fm/music/Death+in+June/+images/5497301
                                kopfhaube looks real.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X