Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oragno View Post
    h
    Here's a replica collar tab that was included with a "Lost Battalions" replica German M42 Field Blouse I recently bought off eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbunny View Post
      Here's a replica collar tab that was included with a "Lost Battalions" replica German M42 Field Blouse I recently bought off eBay.
      Hi,do you think the tab is a fake?

Best
      Emilio

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbunny View Post

While Janke is generally seen as the yardstick for repro tunics, 'Lost Battalions' are actually a long way better these days. I've bought several to mount my original insignia collection on.

Comment

Wss M-43 Tunic

Luca,

You asked me to weigh in on this so I will. I think John Pic covered it very concisely. I have a $500.00 digital camera and decent photographic skills, yet I can't get pictures that accurately depict a tunic or hat. The flash especially washes away any mothing or wear and brightens most colors. Sunlight tends to mute textures and on and on. I have sent pictures of uniforms to several advanced collectors and they all had bad responses, repro, rebadged, etc. I finally sent the uniforms to the same individuals and the difference was a complete reversal of opinion. Everything was textbook, no alterations, insignia original and original to the tunics and so on. Bottom line, I can't detect any flaws expecially after your closeup photos. I have an idea the boards look much older in person as does the rest of the uniform. It doesn't appear to exhibit evidence of prior sewn and removed insignia so I would sell or trade this with an inspection period so all bases are covered. Hope this helps,

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X