Attached Files
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks.
            Luca
            Attached Files
            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Sorry,but I would take a lot of convincing that the insignia is original to the tunic .... it sits 'on' rather than 'in' the cloth, as it should after 60-odd years.

Ian.

Comment

Thanks Ian, unfortunatly are not good pictures. What about your thoughts in general about tunic. I don't see signs of other insignas having it on hands, and insignas look to have the same use. Maybe not original on this but looks really a good tunic.
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                  Basic jacket and insignia look OK,tabs look to be over padded (especially in the 1st photo) based on the pictures. Insignia appears to be unissued considering you mention the jacket is well used.
                  Glenn
                  Glenn sums it up for me .. except that the runic tab has wear on it. The tunic looks OK,the eagle's original,mid-late war period, tabs look fine, straps ... ummmm these are too tricky I'm afraid. I feel they've not been together for 63 months though let alone 63 years ... a great many of the jackets we see though have be re-badged, some more carefully than others.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

Thanks Ian. Other opinions before E-stand?
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by oragno View Post
                      ... Other opinions before E-stand?
                      Luca

Looks like a nice coat with nice insignias.

I could entertain doubts as to the insignias being original to the jacket.

B. N. Singer

Comment

The tunic and basic insignia look fine to me, though I don't know enough about shoulder straps to make a judgement on them. The bottom line is that without a good provenance, it's virtually impossible to tell whether a tunic is a 'put together' or not, but I would be happy to have this one on the basis that the component parts are original.

Comment

Hi Oragno,
                          The tunic seems ok but as somes colleagues noted before i would say that insignias have been replaced. Nice tunic anyway!
                          Can you focus on shoulder boards?

Comment

Its correct in all aspects...opinion that the insignias are replaced is based on speculation since photographs do not show the effects of aging well. I once examined a similar tuinc in the possession of Steve Wolfe with very little wear and use.That was back before the age of the internet.No one should give an opinion that speculates on something without being able to show it is based on observation of certain aspects. In this case there are no signs of insignia removal,no indicators that it is fake,no test of thread materials so for what we can see it is an original piece with matching wear and probably little used if used at all.All else said is pure speculation and useless in the true appraisal of this item.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Its correct in all aspects...opinion that the insignias are replaced is based on speculation since photographs do not show the effects of aging well. I once examined a similar tuinc in the possession of Steve Wolfe with very little wear and use.That was back before the age of the internet.No one should give an opinion that speculates on something without being able to show it is based on observation of certain aspects. In this case there are no signs of insignia removal,no indicators that it is fake,no test of thread materials so for what we can see it is an original piece with matching wear and probably little used if used at all.All else said is pure speculation and useless in the true appraisal of this item.
                              Thanks all gentlemen
                              The first step was to see if you like this tunic. In my opinion, after hand inspection, is an untouched tunic. As John explain is really difficult by pictures because do not show the effects of aging well, the insignas for example are are melted with the woven one while from the photographies it does not seem
                              Important is an authentic one with original insignas, but on hand the effect is totally different as these pictures shown. Collar tabs in every picture seems different. I think too, no signs of insignia removal is a good sign but hand ispection is necessary for the new owner.
                              Luca
                              Last edited by oragno; 11-07-2006, 03:35 PM. Reason: writing error
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

"opinion that the insignias are replaced is based on speculation since photographs do not show the effects of aging well."

Totally agree John ..... opinions were invited,and honest ones were given. As you know speculation is all we're left with in 90% of cases. Still a very nice tunic though (in my opinion).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X