No announcement yet.

Help on SS Insignia set, boards, collar patches, eagle, skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by zbv500; 05-02-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hi
      I like the eagle and shoulderboards also I like the collartabs BUT they looks a little strange I think they are NCO hand-embroided aluminium tread "field" upgraded by the soldier to officerrank. The skull I can´t comment on....just my opinion (and I´m still a rookie)
      Cheers
      Lassi

Comment

Hi Lassi,

this is how I see it too. Tabs looks like field upgraded but still not sure if this type of SS NCO tab existed. The strange white paper backing is also difficult to judge. Skull looks good from the distance but strange about the theaths.
        Any other coments ?

Many thanks Jens

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500 View Post
          Hi Lassi,

this is how I see it too. Tabs looks like field upgraded but still not sure if this type of SS NCO tab existed. The strange white paper backing is also difficult to judge. Skull looks good from the distance but strange about the theaths.
          Any other coments ?

Many thanks Jens

Hi Jens is the backing cardboard? looks like it to me.
          There is a NCO tab on page 281 In Angolias Cloth insignia of the SS that looks like it (only photo of the frontside)

Cheers
          Lassi

Comment

Yes Lassi I think the backing is cardboard, but I dont have the stuff with me to check.
            I dont have the Angolia book handy but I also remember that I saw a tab just like that (front)

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500 View Post
              Yes Lassi I think the backing is cardboard, but I dont have the stuff with me to check.
              I dont have the Angolia book handy but I also remember that I saw a tab just like that (front)

Jens
              The tab
              Cheers
              Lassi
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Lassi, thats very nice of you.

Bests Jens

Comment

I do not like what I see so far regarding the collar tabs. Collar tabs are not originals IMO! Post war rank pips and totally out of order borders. Besides this the rest looks fine.

/Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X