Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tab

Felix,
    If you will take the time to read the original thread, the tab was referred to as SS Staff/SD, meaning the tab could be for either organization. I have never stated that the tab was for SD exclusively.

Charles Betz

Comment

Glue On The Tab

Hello Prorege1,
      The glue on the tab is very stiff. I did not notice any flaking of it. The edges of the RZM tag were loose in some areas.

Charles Betz

Comment

Dear Charles Betz!

Im getting REALLY tired explaining to you when you fail to understand the essence of what I try to tell you.
        Did you even read my last post? I have read yours carefully!
        SD= is of course equivalent to any right hand side blank collar insignia! They wore the same insignias! Do you understand?

I ask my self why I even want to help others sometimes! Those of you who have followed my post in the last years knows I have kept quite a nice mannor taking lots of time answering to what I can contribute with when it comes to original SS insignias. I have failed sometimes to elaborate exactly what I mean because I lack time and sometimes I cant point out specifically whats wrong. Its called gut feeling based on much studies and handling of original stuff! I have studied thousands of hours on this subject and have built up my own collection of original SS insignias. Im many cases I dont get any respect at all because I have no famous collectors name. Thats fine with me! I dont need that! But I try to contribute any way!

From my experiences I have always tried to help others when I can because this is the spirit of this forum! And I dont expect to only get played smart with when I do so!

I DO NOT RESPECT THAT! But I do respect sound argumentation and decent behaviur!

/Felix
        Last edited by Felix; 10-06-2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Tab

Felix,
          My apologies for causing you so much fatigue. It must truly be a chore to have to reinterate your opinion ad nauseum to me .

I have read your posts, including the last one. Basicaslly your last contribution was the placing of the RZM tag (right side up, top side down) on the back of the tab, its relevance to authenticity, and the malfeasence of the tailors in not helping out future collectors. Interesting premise. But I wonder about one thing Felix, who really cares if the RZM tag is upside down or not? Sounds like a bunch of filler to embellish your posting.

You admit that the B letter on RZM tags has been found on embroidered enlisted versions. Most of us, viewing a right hand alternate piped blank tab would automatically assume it to be for staff or SD. I believe that has always been a given and really need not to have been explained. It all depends on the story that goes with the tab. On later right hand unpiped blanks, it can be for Alleg. staff, SD, and include some foreign volunteers. The same can be said for piped blank officers tabs. So, as stated before, it all depends on the story accompanying the tab.

One thing you forgot to include in your discourse on alternate piped tabs was that from1929-34, SS officer's collar tabs were also rendered in aluminum/black piping, to include blank right hand issues. I refer you to the photo on page 68 of Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd edition, 1989. While this picture clearly shows the rank tab piped in alternating thread, on close inspection under a magnifying glass, the right hand tab is clearly blank and similarly piped. The caption reads:The SS-Untersturmfuhrer is identified as the Chief of a Political Section.

"All in all, you can not prove this collar patch to be an original SD unless you stripped it of the tunic yourself""And I stand by my above early conclusions. But its my opinion and not necessarily the truth". From your last post, my quotes. As for someone removing insignia from a uniform solely to authenticate the presence of an RZM tag, well ok. If that is your practice, all the more power to you. I believe the word stupid would best describe such an action even though this example was made in jest, or was it? Again, no one was trying to prove/disprove this was an SD tab. That particular fork in the road was started and undertaken by yourself. The purpose of the thread was to see if the tab itself was authentic. By the majority of opinions posted here, it seems to be.

Finally, thank you for paraphrasing an American hero, Rodney Dangerfield. "Im many cases "I dont get any respect at all" (your post, my quotes) as part of your discourse. Telling though is the later refrain: "I don't need it". Why bring it up at all if it is of insignificant import to you? Just curious.

Yours most sincerely,

Charles Betz
          Last edited by C. Betz; 10-06-2006, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X