Cut-off Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut-off Insignia

Lately, I have been focusing on cut-off insignia. Here are my recent purchases. Anyone else care to share theirs?

cap eagle

Here is a cap eagle same pattern as yours.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Brad, I've got a tk on a piece of overseas cap nearly exactly the same as your first one there..

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Very nice Brad, I've got a tk on a piece of overseas cap nearly exactly the same as your first one there..
        Please share it! I just love looking at these things.

Comment

Here it is..
          Attached Files

Comment

Very very nice things shown! I will try to contribute with a photo of one of my latest finds.

Cheers,
            Felix

Comment

they re nice things to collect but it always makes me "want to cry" when i see a piece of SS destroyd....

Comment

Here is my contribution and one of my recent finds.
                Came with a small hand written note; "LTc Emmert Anderson cut the SS insignia from a dead SS corporals uniform at St Lo FRANCE 1944"

I believe to be a trustworthy provenance since I never knew about this note when I purchased the cut off. And the insignia are originals.

I know that Das Reich and Gotz von Berlichingen were stationed around
                St Lo in Normandy for two months just after D Day while holding the Americans at status quo

Interesting for me as well, because the GI obviously had swedish ancestors.

Cheers,
                Felix
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

Heres one of mine
                      Attached Files

Comment

My one and only SS piece:

Regards,
                        Steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lelez View Post
                          they re nice things to collect but it always makes me "want to cry" when i see a piece of SS destroyd....
                          Instead, just try to think of it as a little piece that managed to be saved!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Here is my contribution and one of my recent finds.
                            Came with a small hand written note; "LTc Emmert Anderson cut the SS insignia from a dead SS corporals uniform at St Lo FRANCE 1944"

I believe to be a trustworthy provenance since I never knew about this note when I purchased the cut off. And the insignia are originals.

I know that Das Reich and Gotz von Berlichingen were stationed around
                            St Lo in Normandy for two months just after D Day while holding the Americans at status quo

Interesting for me as well, because the GI obviously had swedish ancestors.

Cheers,
                            Felix
                            HI Felix...I have the same type of eagle...does anybody have any information about this style of eagle?

IE is it early, late etc?

Thank you.

John

Comment

Here is my bird...same as the one posted by Felix:...PS my eagle has the same stitching as your piece Felix....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X