Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
    Phil,
    IIn the SS forum on the Panzer Beret Skull (and eagle) topic plenty drop in to say good...or bad, and then disappear after I present enlarged photos and ask for an opinion from these same collectors based on photographic evidence they can study for hours if necessary. I pressed repeatedly for an educated opinion based on the photos and written observations presented....but they all just shuffle off to let the thread die.
    Richard P.
    Richard,

When a situation like you described above occurs, you can at least take some comfort in knowing that those people who responded negative toward the item's originality have no facts or even a basis to back up their opinion.

It is easy to compare two or more items of a type and say which one is different from the other(s), but it is another matter alltogether to draw the conclusion that simply different=fake.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
      Well, it's apparently a general consensus that this cap is authentic. One last test that doesn't PROVE anything, but helps the peace of mind, is to smell the inside. Even an unissued cap should smell somewhat musty if it's that old.
      Hi guys,
      to your question, if my cap smells. yes they smell a little bid for old materials. they do not smell musty.
      in no instance it smells like a newly purchased jeans or something. a collector friend of mine brings strong smelling original
      wehrmacht clothing into the cloth cleaning.
      as a last part musty smelling w-ss coat.
      i have also some pieces from the same hortfund of the w-ss. I have not entered in the cloth cleaning brought, but about 1 week to ventilate to the outside. This has been totally. ...

what I wanted to say is, if you as a piece which was in the cleaning get it is still original. the nose also plays an important role but not always with the determination of authenticity in wehrmachts cloth.

i think so...

Comment

Great thread worthy of a read of reread.. Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X