Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical EM's SS Boards??

Hi Team,
    On John's suggestion I'm placing this thread in this section to see if I can get some feed-back on these boards.
    They check out as far as construction etc, but what's the piping? Are these SS?
    Cheers!
    Mark.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=173970

No, these are NOT Waffen-SS tropical shoulder straps. Waffen-SS straps have black tops. On this tropical Sahariana jacket are SS-Unterscharfuhrer of Transport tropical shoulder straps with a near white NCO tress and black top.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for the responce, Bob. I'm basically throwing it out there to get ideas, as I haven't come across that colour piping before - not pink, not red, not orange, not rusty brown etc.
      As the construction has met with the highest there is, that leaves the waffenfarbe question. As I said in the thread, it's the same as the piping colour on the set that was for sale on the Sahariana on e-stand - the first I'd seen that was a close match.
      So, Ideas Guys??
      Regards,
      Mark.

Comment

Hello Mark, I have just caught up with this thread. If these boards are not SS then another possibility in my opinion is that short lived 1940/41 red-brown reconnaisance colour ?

The material they are made from is also interesting, not an LW shirt material more of a duck type material so could they be for a tropical motorcyclist coat ? They seem to have that type of weave and it would make sense for the piping colour being red-brown.

They may also be of Italian manufacture ?.

Have you got some-thing else with that reconn red-brown you can photograph them with so we can compare ?

If they are ? then that is a desirable colour for the DAK, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X