NORWAY - the land with the items....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl.

Arnfinn Wiik was in "Freiwillige Legion Norwegen" and after Bad T******246;lz he came to "Skijegerbataljonen" in Finland. So Wiik was never i Panzer Grenadier Regiment "Norge".
    But Arnfinn Wiik and my guy was in the same class at Bad T******246;lz.

Derek
    Last edited by DeMil; 07-05-2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Superb uniform Bob
      It has belonged to a german Untersturmfuhrer ?

Derek

Comment

And here is a picture of his Greatcoat.
        It is late and the buttons are stamped behind "44 ".
        Realy nice and heavy quality

Derek
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it was tailor made in Dresden if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't belong to me and I haven't seen it in awhile but next time I get up there I'll ask if I can take some close up photos of the insignia and other details.

Can you show us the rest of the NORGE tunic?

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob.

This uniform will soon be pictured in a new book about SS uniforms used by norwegians, but when the book is out I will post pictures of the hole uniform on this forum.

Best
            Derek

Comment

Wonderful cloth insignias and stunning nice Uniforms Thanks for sharing !

Comment

Simply outstanding find!

Thanks for letting us have the pleasure to view your treasures!!

/Felix

Comment

What can I say that hasn't already been said???

This is one incredible find- Simply outstanding. I am glad that the entire lot went into one collection, as opposed to being split up (a BIG no-no in my book! )

Finds of this magnitude are few and far between- almost unheard of these days. You should consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky!!! Some people will spend an entire lifetime (and a small fortune) piecing together what you managed to acquire in one shot, and to trump THAT, it's all original insignia, from a highly desirable SS unit AND it all belonged the same soldier!!! It doesn't get much better than this.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing.
                  I wish I was you
                  Rob.

Comment

Hi Rob.

Thanks for your kindly words.

This is the most complete SS uniformgrouping known to exist in Norway.

I know 8 other SS offiser groups in Norwegian collections but non as complete as this one.

I will later post pictures of the complete uniform with its gabardin M-43 with white lits on the top.

But I am sure there are more SS groupings like this out there

Best
                    Derek
                    Last edited by DeMil; 07-11-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

how much would the tunic and pants go for in the first pic, minus the belt and dagger?

Comment

Hi Anthony.

I realy do not know, as I never had thougth about selling the tunic and pants.

Derek

Comment

Why didn't my family fight?

I want them...I WANT THEM!

Comment

Perhaps we can see some more photos of that lovely Norge tunic? Or tunics!!!

Comment

Congratulations Derek, a beautiful grouping. Please show us som more pictures of the helmetcover too.
                              Best regards, Tom

Comment

OK.
                                So you cant wait then

Here is the parade tunic complete as I have it today in my collection.
                                Everything you see on the mannequin comes from the same norwegian Untersturmführer as I got it from his family.
                                The medals hang on the tunic since 1945.

Regards
                                Derek
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X