Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salty SS cloth visor crusher cap

Hi all,

I picked that one up recently. Too bad that the moths noticed that one as well.
    The Insignia is fake and was just added for display reasons. I will add good ones as soon as I have found some.
    Can you guys tell me more about the year of introduction and who wear the cap. Is it a special NCO cap or also Officer ?

I think this type of cap is rather rare, too bad it wasnt in better condition.
    But this is the way the originals look like when they show up.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks Jens
    Last edited by zbv500; 04-01-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

IMO it looks like a good SS VT NCO cap....unfortunatly it is in pretty bad shape....But still nice.

Let give cap experts their more qalyfied opinions but I like it....

As far as I know it's a exclusive NCO cap....worn til the war's end by some man for sure.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Hi Fritz,
                    IMO there are few things in your NCO cap that do not look ok....
                    I refer to the lining of the cap and sweathband, they do not show same usage of the rest of the cap.
                    Black velved band is also not looking as congruent usage with the other cap parts.
                    Also the piping graine looks odd.

Would not put my money on this item.

I'm very curious to see what the experts are going to say

Ciao
                    SC

Comment

Originally posted by Steulin
                      Hi Fritz,
                      IMO there are few things in your NCO cap that do not look ok....
                      I refer to the lining of the cap and sweathband, they do not show same usage of the rest of the cap.
                      Black velved band is also not looking as congruent usage with the other cap parts.
                      Also the piping graine looks odd.

Would not put my money on this item.

I'm very curious to see what the experts are going to say

Ciao
                      SC

Hi,
                      it isn't my cap....

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Some questions

How does mothing qualify as useage? Mothing comes from an item being stored not used.

The exterior doesnt appear anymore used than the interior.Unfortunately the moths ate the wool of the exterior and some of the piping.Why the black band wasnt messed with who knows but its not uncommon to find moth larvae seem to be particular in taste.Ive seen more than a few real TR visors with only crown damage and the band left alone.

I am not familiar with these caps but find the lining peculiar.I would hope a more qualified person will step up and give some feedback.

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments.

I wonder on what opinions are based on ? I think the condition was nice before the moths eaten it. This is matching on the inside and outside. Only thing that happens is that it was once stored in a bad enviroment. The leather sweetband is totaly dry and the moths have eaten some of the cloth and some of the piping. The black valvet band was let alone, but this is something I have seen before on planty of moth eaten caps. It is a totaly different material and therefore not uncommon to see untouched.

Any comments are welcome.

Many thanks Jens

Comment

I like it! The trikot cover looks to be the right grade and colour, band is the right width, piping looks authentic. Not so sure about the interior but a gold silk lining and unmarked shield would certainly fit with an SS officers cap. I think it's got a good chance of being the real deal.

Moths absolutley love piping....the little fackers..

Comment

Thanks for the replys, here are some additional pics of the interior.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X