No announcement yet.

Dachau M43 and Printed Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the cardboard exposed visor and without going into detailed specifics, do these single button "dachau" caps mimic the construction details associated with the two button accepted Black Panzer dachau and more rare field grey caps? Just curious, the details of the accepted ones are quite known ( I would imagine) and I'm very curious if the fakers incorporated them into the copies.

Comment

Very simular

Hello
      The one I have has alot of the minute details! Someone would have had to spend alot of time effort and money to make something that wouldnt sell to begin with! I mean if your going to repro something to this detail why not make one of the "accepted" versions? And as far as saying all repros have to be provin fake by the maker I was not suggesting that! I have seen alot of items shot down as fake that dont have any evidence that they are! Water pattern camo covers for example, until recently when period photos emerged! Im glad I didnt throw mine away!One sold on e-stand for 500$!
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
        Until I pulled one out of a 45 or 42 army ID vet I d never own one..construction is well done but not original IMO Billbert

The skeptics probably wouldn't accept that either. Even when items are found in obviously original vet hauls, they are called into question - vet sourcing provided a good bit of providence in the 70's and 80's, but doesn't carry much weight now. Same with photos and vet statements.

I don't know if the M43 traps are original or not, or if the caps they show up attached to are replicas. No one does. I do know the SS had printed insignia available to them, like sleeve eagles. I would encourage people to keep an open mind on the possibility of pre-1945 printed SS insignia - if you find something that seems to be credible, whether is be photos, material, or documention, please add it to the discussion.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X