Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the worst SS fake you have seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the worst SS fake you have seen?

OK, what is the worst or the most ridiculous Fake ss item you have seen either at gun shows or on the net or offered to you ?
    cheers,
    Gary

There is an endless array.........but I would say those ridiculous badges out of poland.Or the East German caps with insignias on them.

Comment

Gestapo warrant disks, all insignia, edged weapons, all types of buckles. You name it - it's been faked.

Yuri

Comment

How about some pictures ? it would make for light reading and humour when we all get up tight :-), when I said worst I mean the worst, the laughable and if there is a "GOOD" story with it, you know vet bring back ect ect, again in the interest of humour
        cheers,
        Gary

Comment

If you want to see some pictures of ridiculous fake SS items have a look at ebay, they have hundreds

Well for me it is the SS para badge!

Phil

Comment

OK, I guess I will post the first picture and a little story;

This I was offered by a dealer years ago, he told me the story of the british vet who had brought it back, the vet was a commando and the ss had special detachment with speed boats to comb the coastal areas and rivers to try and catch such people like the commando, and then went on explaining the white back ground of the eagle and the blue thread, he said the ss had there eagles and collar patches made in this way to camouflage that fact they were a special detachment, well the story went on for about 30 minutes this guy never paused for breath, after I had listened to all the BS and managed to dig myself out of the pile of it surrounding me I said "not for me thanks" and walked away. this is about 20 years ago and the price then was £45.00,

well about 5 or 6 years ago the same dealer, the same eagle in a box of £1.00 items, so feeling a little mischievous I said what's this then, expecting the story again!!!, well I guess he had forgot it because this time there was no real story just a reply have not got a clue came from a house clearance a couple of months ago, I thought twat, seems everything that comes out of his mouth is nothing more than BS,

so I left and had a word with a friend primed him and went back to the dealers table,

I said what will you take for it???? :-),

50 pence was his reply,

I said OK gave him his 50 pence and started really looking close at it,

then my "Friend "walked up and said what have you got there (you know what coming don't you)

I said I do not know looks well made, my friend said "hell that's one of those special eagle worn by a special naval ss detachment, they were used to try and catch commando's on raids, there are only about 4 known example ,

I said really glancing at the dealer and walking off, what a picture:-)

needless to say it is a piece of crap but for 50 pence and the hours of laughter I have had thinking about the dealers face, its priceless.
            cheers,
            Gary
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Gary Wood; 01-15-2003, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Gary,

You naughty little boy........

I loved this story! Anyone else something similar?

Denis
              "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Ultra rare SS Visor Skull

I was hesitatant to post this item because of all the jealousy and requests to purchase I'm sure I'll have to contend with. This is an ultra rare hand embroirdered SS visor skull that only the highest ranking officers were allowed to wear. It was listed on Ebay with a reserve of $500. When the seller sent it to me by accident with another item, he didn't want to pay the $1 return postage, so now this baby is all mine.

Some guys have all the luck!
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Snigley - I'll give you a $1 for it

Phil

Comment

Snig;

It reminds me of that marshmallow fellow in one of the Ghostbuster movies!!
                    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Very original looking....and here's the guy it's modelled on....Swab a charachter out of "Yoho Ahoy" a kid's program...

Yes, yes. I know....I have two young kids and that why I know!!!!

/Ian
                      Attached Files
                      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Snigley,
                        yes, I think that TK will take some beating, but here is one that must come a close second, this is apparently the rare tropical one!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,
                        Gary
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is an easy one! It is not necessarily SS related, but it is worth posting here. I think you will get a kick out of this. It was suppose to be a joke, but some people actually took it serious and made offers for the item I am about to describe.

A well known German Imperial Dealer got so tired of people at militaria and gun shows coming up to him saying that they owned Hitler's ____? (shoes, tie, Iron Cross, etc.), so he decided to stike back. He took a bunch of chicken bones, dried them in an oven, and then put them on a bar-b-que grill until they were good and burnt.
                          He then, placed them in a very nice glass display case. On the outside he put a professional looking engraved sign that read, "Remains of Adolf Hitler's Dog. Recovered by Red Army Troops in a dtich outside Hitler's Bunker."

Believe it or not, people were offering him tons of $$$ on the spot for this VERY RARE item. I would watch this with my own eyes. When he could no longer contain himself from laughing, he would tell them that it was merely a joke and that he did this to teach people not to believe everything they read, especially when it came to militaria.
                          Last edited by Hauptmann; 01-20-2003, 01:18 AM.

Comment

It is amazing how some people are so easily talked out of their money.
                            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Every month there is a local collectors show and a fellow shows up there for the past 20 years with this SS eagle printed on flannel.He asked me what I thought it was worth and told me it was cut from a pair of original SS pajamas.The guy was dead serious too.
                              That first Skull looks exactly like Casper the friendly Ghost.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X