Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the worst SS fake you have seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This must be worth a small fortune

Reverse:

Comment

Dez,
      Guess that's one of those really rare examples and very very very very very very late war
      cheers,
      Gary

Comment

SS Pilots Cap

I once had a guy at a local pawn shop try to sell me an absolutely stone mint Vet Bring Back SS Pilots Visor Cap. I pointed out to the guy that before selling such an item, he should at least remove the USAF side buttons from the blue Vietnam Era USAF enlisted cap he was using. The guy had HOTGLUED! a fake bevo sleeve eagle onto the peak of the cap and a fake SS collar tab onto the middle portion. Very rare cap, worn by SS men learing to fly at Luftwaffe bases.
        Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

This was called an SS elite forces badge. I picked this up years ago at an Army surplus store. For $5, I had to have it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah that's nothing. My wife and I raise chickens, and some of them are said to be direct decendants of the chickens from Himmler's chicken farm. You should see them goos step around the Barn yard when I play the Horst Wessel over the truck stereo!
            "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
            -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

I never took pics but the worst SS abortion of a repro that I saw was a Swedish tunic with Britische Freikorps cuff title and collar tabs, with a misshapen repro Heer officer's breast eagle sewn to the right sleeve. This was at a gun show; luckily I wasn't armed at the time.
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene
                I never took pics but the worst SS abortion of a repro that I saw was a Swedish tunic with Britische Freikorps cuff title and collar tabs, with a misshapen repro Heer officer's breast eagle sewn to the right sleeve. This was at a gun show; luckily I wasn't armed at the time.
                It is amazing to me the crap people will buy with a good story. We can laugh about those, but not the very good fakes bought from supposedly reputable people. Like, for example, the SS "Panzer" Officer Boards where the waffenfarbe was colored panzer pink with magic marker. Live and learn!
                Lucky I didn't have my gun either!
                "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X