No announcement yet.

LSAH Scharfuhrer tunic on Ulric of England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You'll go far just like Ulric who never seems to move much in the way of commerce."

Lloyd,I don't think attacking Mr Coleman will help the discussion. Bob's knowledge and collection is (or at least should be) an inspiration to us. I agree on the people collecting pictures,hell I do it myself,but not by pestering people with goods for sale.

I guess if UoE posted better detailed pictures of his goods for sale no-one would have to be a tyre-kicker in the first place.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley
      "You'll go far just like Ulric who never seems to move much in the way of commerce."

Lloyd,I don't think attacking Mr Coleman will help the discussion.
      I agree,

We are all entitled to set our own terms which is our right.
      cheers
      gary

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley

Lloyd,I don't think attacking Mr Coleman will help the discussion. Bob's knowledge and collection is (or at least should be) an inspiration to us. I agree on the people collecting pictures,hell I do it myself,but not by pestering people with goods for sale.
        Cheers,Ian.
        I'm not "attacking" Mr. Coleman Ian. I find it absurd for anyone who sells anything not to want to meet the customers needs. Maybe he should examine what he is doing incorrectly to not move an item rather than call the consumer out. It's simple business. Why complain about the E-Stand if you arent willing to supply buyers with the information they need to purchase from you.

It is the same logic as Ulrics. Instead why not thoroughly photograph all the details of an item before you post it so that you can provide potential buyers with a complete set of photographs and why not provide the buyer those as soon as interest is shown rather than have them ask you for them?

Lastly, I have a right to my opinion and my opinion has nothing to do with Mr. Colemans collecting credentials or his collection. Neither of which qualify it for me as it pertains to this thread. Ulric's collection is published as well and Ulric has been at it a long time too. Should I suddenly realize the error of my ways and sign up to be treated like smack by Ulric because of that? No.

I am talking business here not personalities because this hobby or business is full of those, me included.

"Pestering" customers eh? This 'hobby' isnt a drive thru. Most of the items sold pertaining to III.R arent value meals.
        Last edited by Lloyd I.; 01-19-2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I understand Ulics position very well, I wouldn´t like it either to get 60 mails per day and answer them for nothing. Anyhow, what is the problem? I think everybody who is interested in this tunic is able to give him a phone call.

Comment

ss tunic

anyway, seems to me very beauty.
            Also if I'm not an expert in allgemeine ss tunic...
            cheers to everybody, frank

Comment

Colleague Coleman

Originally posted by Lloyd I.
              I had to laugh when I read this. Good way to win customers and meet the demands of your trade. You'll go far just like Ulric who never seems to move much in the way of commerce.
              Bob Coleman has one of the leading militaria collections in the northern hemisphere; he is a man of exceptional knowledge, gracious manners, and free of most of the seven deadly sins that afflict others. He has shared generously here and elsewhere and added greatly to my understanding of the complexity of this material. I wish to register here my highest esteem for him. Might I also say that I often receive very abrupt and even rude queries for material, information, which I serve without stint (PLEASE NOTE, I AIN'T NO DEALER IN OLD MILITARY THINGS....) and often receive no thank you. However, the kind of bimbo explosion that is on this dealer's site (the one with the schwarzer Rock ppp.) likely fits within the man's persona, which is perhaps more acceptable in another national context than say in the U.S. where matters of estate and class operate differently than in Old Europe. All of this is not for the faint hearted.

Comment

Lloyd & others-
                If you had been put in the position of having to continually respond to the requests of "tire kickers" who continually request additional images of various features on an item, you might also experience the frustration some dealers experience. I agree that Ulric might have been a little more cordial in the manner in which he approached the subject. I am not a dealer but a collecter and historian. I attend the SOS and sometimes the Max. I am not and never have been a dealer. Two years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a very old insignia collection. The binders held more than 100 Heer and Luftwaffe breast eagles, of which 50% were hand embroidered officer eagles. As I certainly have never subscribed to the theory of collecting enmasse, I offered the eagles at three different times on E-Stand. I received over inquiries for more detailed images of one or two particular eagles, which I took the time to photograph and send. Some inquiries requested shots of multiple pieces. When all of this was over, I had one individual buy two Heer officer eagles and one other bought a Luftwaffe other ranks. I thank those who were my customers on these and wonder about all of the others. We are discussing items that ran between $25-$85. Not exactly prices that would force one to give up eating for a week. I can only guess what dealers go through.
                In conclusion, if you don't want to buy from an individual for whatever reason, don't buy from them. Creating a thread just to bash someone is not what this hobby or this Forum is about. I believe enough has been written on this subject and nothing further positive can come out of this thread.
                Bob

Comment

Man alive!

I am not attacking Bob or calling his character into question. I have read his posts before. He is very informative and gracious. There is no vendetta or malice here. All Im saying is I cant see how anyone would sell anything if your not willing to meet the buyer half way...Hell, why open a dealer website if you arent willing to respond to '60 emails a day'? Why post an item for sale if you feel burdened by inquiries. Business is business.

And for the last time, I AM NOT ATTACKING BOB. You do business the way you see fit. As stated, there is no dictum on how you run your affairs. That's your choice. I cant see anyone moving much that way but then Ulric is still doing business right? When asked for an opinion I gave one and it is just that. What it isnt is a call against someones character.
                  Last edited by Lloyd I.; 01-19-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Lloyd-
                    No exception taken on my part.
                    Bob

Comment

The tunic is expensive, so please do not enquire further unless you are seriously interested. As previously mentioned, the tunic is completely original in all respects, and I have no interest (and in particular, no time) in sending countless images of parts of this tunic to those individuals that waste their time trawling the internet for no good purpose. So don't ask.

Therefore, any person wishing to have more photos of the tunic need only define their interest as "serious" and their purpose as "good."

I interpret gratuitous, cranky statements such as this one to mean "an educated collector is my worst customer"

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman
                        Lloyd-
                        No exception taken on my part.
                        Bob
                        Thank you Bob.
                        Best regards.

Comment

Frankly, I thought this thread was really unnecessary, or if you wanted to put it on this forum, try the Kniepe section. Let's get some militaria up here to discuss instead of business practices and social issues.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz

Frankly, I thought this thread was really unnecessary,

Let's get some militaria up here to discuss instead of business practices and social issues.

Bob
                            Bob
                            I tend to agree how anyone stipulates how he does business is up to himself and no one else, if i look on a site and do not like what i see i just move on end of story, threads like these will only bring out those that support or condemn said person and they nearly always turn into pissing matches

cheers
                            Gary

Comment

Frankly, I thought this thread was really unnecessary, or if you wanted to put it on this forum, try the Kniepe section. Let's get some militaria up here to discuss instead of business practices and social issues.

Bob
                              I disagree, the vast majority of militaria changes hands via the Internet, a dealer's business practices will dictate what is offered to potential purchasers and how the transaction will be handled. IMO, this is just as important as the article itself. If Gary Wood believes this thread is more suited to discussion in another forum, then he is more than welcome to move it.

Comment

Bob
                                Good idea! You wanna ask Ulric for more pix?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X