Heinrich Himmler's Shoulder Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob:

Hope things are going well for you in sunny AZ. Do you happen to know where the nebelwerfer standard is today?

Best regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector
      Thank you so much, for sharing these pictures Mr. Hritz!
      That is one of the coolest SS items I've ever seen.
      It must feel awesome, just to stop and think that you actually own something that belonged to Himmler and that he wore it.
      Truly amazing!
      Do you know if there are any markings on the silver oak leave pin?
      Also, I wonder if there are any other collectors in the world that have
      one of those. Anyone else ever seen one before?

Thanks again!
      Chris
      Collector David Delich owns Himmler's white tunic, which has the shoulder board and collar tabs. It is the only known tunic to exist that we know of. Several years ago somebody brought out a gray-green tunic belonging to Himmler; said it came from one of his secretaries. However, after close examination it was determined it was one of those Janke reproductions. Nice story but just that - didn't have the artifact to back it up...

Bob

Comment

Bob, I remember seeing the smoke swallowtail when you had it at a Cincinnati show - outstanding! God, was that the 1970s? Man, we're getting old!

Comment

Thanks Bob for showing one of the rarest items regarding the SS.
          Himmler`s artifacts are few and very far between. Fakes are everywhere. The story was maybee even better. It is storys like that that is like fuel for the hobby!
          Only thing I have is a original signature of H.H. in a SS magazine..
          Again thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Great board..would the insignia have been available along with himmlers white tunic surfaced from his summer house.. i think that was in the 70 s...Billbert

Comment

Here is a photo of some of the other stuff from Himmler's summer home.

I have been working on getting back the other shoulder board, which came with this group.

The Blood Order is the first pattern J. Fuess 990 silver which is un-numbered.

For information, I don't know if there is any markings on the cypher. with 5 prongs, it is difficult to move it enough to see the reverse.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bob Hritz; 11-17-2005, 10:48 AM.
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nice grouping Bob... that's a collection all by itself... Try and get Himmler to sign the photo next time!

(the other) Bob

Comment

I am normally not interested in the SS, but I do have an interest in artefacts that belonged to the well-known third reich leaders. I did some googl'in on the summer house of Hitler, and found this:

Also; Might this be the chair you were reffering to? : http://www.germaniainternational.com/himmlerchair.html

HIMMLER'S HOME

<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
                  Whatever the other interests of Heinrich Himmler, the Reich's hatchet man and a subsequent suicide, members of the 36th who inspected his summer home at Tegernsee found that he had an eye for art. On Heinrich's radio (below) infantrymen of the 143rd heard the V-E Day celebrations.

<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle><!--webbot bot="ImageMap" rectangle="(371,4) (451,20) surrende.htm" rectangle="(117,4) (188,20) ../../archives.htm" rectangle="(198,3) (364,20) ../../../gallery/36div.htm" rectangle="(2,2) (111,17) freed.htm" src="../../images/menu3.gif" alt="navbar" border="0" startspan --><MAP name=FrontPageMap><AREA shape=RECT coords=371,4,451,20 href="surrende.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=117,4,188,20 href="../../archives.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=198,3,364,20 href="../../../gallery/36div.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=2,2,111,17 href="freed.htm"></MAP><!--webbot bot="ImageMap" endspan i-checksum="21790" --></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle><!--webbot bot="ImageMap" rectangle="(265,2) (387,23) ../../../museum.htm" rectangle="(196,3) (256,23) ../../../exhibits.htm" rectangle="(119,4) (188,23) ../../../about/location.htm" rectangle="(4,3) (113,23) ../../../index.htm" src="../../images/menu2.gif" alt="navbar" border="0" startspan --><MAP name=FrontPageMap1><AREA shape=RECT coords=265,2,387,23 href="../../../museum.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=196,3,256,23 href="../../../exhibits.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=119,4,188,23 href="../../../about/location.htm"><AREA shape=RECT coords=4,3,113,23 href="../../../index.htm"></MAP><!--webbot bot="ImageMap" endspan i-checksum="46636" --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

Comment

Thanks for the show and tell!!Do you remember what kind of money the tunic was when it first hit the 70 s collectors market..didnt the Lee brothers in tenn find it??Billbert

Comment

"Several years ago somebody brought out a gray-green tunic belonging to Himmler; said it came from one of his secretaries. However, after close examination it was determined it was one of those Janke reproductions."

Yes, it was Helmut Weitze, and he also had a black tunic and caps to go with each...and a carefully concocted story to go with them!

Comment

Cased EK2 from HIMMLER's house

Originally Posted by Bob Hritz
                        I believe the upper case in George's photo is for earlier 1914 Iron Crosses. I have only gotten 2 1939 cased 2nd Class 1939 Iron Crosses out of my ads, and they are almost exactly like Oak Leaves cases from the outside. The medal sits in a raised and countoured fitting and the entire base lifts out so the ribbon can be mounted and laid under the base, like the honor roll clasps. In my opinion, they are exceptionally rare.
                        I have gotten NSDAP 10 year medals in the lower case of George's photos. I believe these LDO cases are somewhat generic.
                        Bob Hritz

Hi Bob,

Is the EK2 case in pic #21 the same type as mentioned in the quote above that you posted a while back in another thread? Interested because I have exactly the same case, and always wondered about it!
                        Last edited by SiPo; 03-12-2009, 04:42 AM. Reason: Highlighted parts of interest

Comment

wow,
                          nice stuff
                          your a lucky guy
                          cheers

Comment

I too, would like to know if that chair on the Germania International website is the original.

Also, I have seen pictures of Himmler's medal bar.
                            Can anyone explain how it is known, that that medal bar was actually Himmler's. I'm not questioning the fact that it was,
                            but I am just curious as to how anyone knew that medal bar
                            belonged to Himmler.
                            I have never even seen a picture of Himmler wearing a medal bar at all,
                            and I have wondered why he would have awarded himself the 12-year SS service medal, instead of the 25-year, when he was obviously
                            in the SS as long as anyone else. Is there any other evidence or documentation that showed Himmler having a medal bar
                            and what the medals were?

Thanks again!
                            Chris

Comment

To Mr. G. Hansen,

Yes, this is one of my 2 cases for the 2nd Class iron Cross. The one in the photo has pencil initials HH inside the lid, perhaps done by the soldier who took this from Himmler's home.

The other case is identical, but with a silver border around the side of the lid (like a German Cross case). That case originally had an L/50 marked Iron Cross 2nd Class, which I cannot find, after storing it for decades. I would like to find a replacement L/50 2nd Class to go back inside the case.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Hello Chris,

The chair, on Germania International, is the very same chair that was taken from Himmler's summer home. Chuck Scagleone used to own it and traded it to Bob Johnston, of Germania International. Absolutely original and unquestionably Himmler's.

The medal bar is also Himmlers. I am a good friend of the current owner and provided him with a clear, original photo of Himmler wearing that exact medal bar. I had always hoped to own the medal bar, but I thought the photo belonged with the medal bar, and gave it to the current owner as a gift. That medal bar and Himmler's Damascus chained Honor Dagger ,with dedication from Franz Xavier Schwarz, and many other prizes were taken from the wall safe in Himmlers summer home. No question about any of them, as I spent decades researching and tracking these pieces. I am not aware that the 25 year SS Long Service Medal was ever awarded to anyone. I think the war brought the issue to an unconcluded end and there was no way to get the required 25 years, even with double Kampfzeit time and double war time. That would have required January 30, 1946 to have occurred under the 3rd Reich.

What is still most strange is the cased 2nd Class Iron Cross and the cased German Order were both in Himmler's safe. He was awarded neither, but apparantly coveted these awards. Unlike Goering, Himmler was a man of uniformity. He did not decorate himself like a peacock and I have yet to find a photo of Himmler wearing the chained Honor Dagger. All of the photos I have found, of Himmler, shows him wearing standard M-33 or M-36 pattern SS daggers, or the Fuhrerdegen. However, he must have highly valued the dagger as a gift from his friend Schwarz.

Bob Hritz
                                Last edited by Bob Hritz; 11-17-2005, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X