Heinrich Himmler's Shoulder Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Drew,

The Nebel swallowtail went to a collector in Illinois who took it to Germany. It now rests in a collection in Germany.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I heard on few different occasions that Himler's dagger was purchased by the Church of Satan. Is there any truth to that or is this just a myth? Does anyone knows who owns the dagger?

Comment

Bob,

Correct me if I'm wrong but the years 1925 to 1933 (8 x 2 = 16) counted as double time, the years 1933 to 1939 (6 x 1 = 6) counted as single years, and the war years 1940 to 1945 (5 x 2 = 10) also counted double. If you add that up it comes to 32 years. Even giving and taking here and there, you could still get 25 years from 1925 to 1945, that being 20 years by itself. I believe the reason they were never awarded is that these awards were suspended when the war broke out. Somebody on another forum stated some time in 1941.

(the other) Bob

Comment

Bob,
          That was nice of you to give the photo to the medal bar owner. I am a friend of his as well and have had the pleasure to examine that bar and rest of his collection, there are some awsome ones out there , I am sure you know that, owning one of them I am sure ,
          Dave
          DaveJ

Comment

Membership in the SS began in 1929, when it became a separate entity. I have never seen any SS papoerwork with an entry into the SS before 1929, although I have not seen everything.

From 1929 until the end of 1932 was Kampfzeit time for the SS.

For the award, membership time must have been continous.

Those in the Stosstruppe Hitler were still SA men and many joined the SS in 1929.

Bob Hritz
            Last edited by Bob Hritz; 11-17-2005, 08:10 PM.

Comment

himmler

NOW THIS is a great thread, thanks for posting Bob!!

Marty
              I love the beach.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                  To Mr. G. Hansen,

Yes, this is one of my 2 cases for the 2nd Class iron Cross. The one in the photo has pencil initials HH inside the lid, perhaps done by the soldier who took this from Himmler's home.

The other case is identical, but with a silver border around the side of the lid (like a German Cross case). That case originally had an L/50 marked Iron Cross 2nd Class, which I cannot find, after storing it for decades. I would like to find a replacement L/50 2nd Class to go back inside the case.

Bob Hritz
                  Bob,
                  Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered if my case was the same one you mentioned and now I know. My case also has the silver border around the lid. If I remember rightly, my cross is unmarked but I will have to check. I think the crosses look fantastic in this form of case.

Graham

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by MartyC
                    NOW THIS is a great thread, thanks for posting Bob!!

Marty
                    Mr. Hritz, humbled by your experiences I will indulge myself in your 1748 posts. I reside in Mesa and hope one day our paths may cross. The knowledge and stories you must have.....

Comment

Found this picture on the Net .
                      Attached Files

Comment

What was the luftwaffe award that Himmler wore and how did he earn it?

Comment

Himmler, I believe, was presented a Pilot-Observer Badge with Brilliants by Hermann Goering. This was not an official Third Reich national award but a private award of Goering, as Reichsmarschall and commander of the Luftwaffe.

Goering gave them to a number of his officers as well as important Third Reich personalities and Foreign leaders.

If you give nice things, people will like you...., or so Goering thought.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Here is a photo of Himmler's white tunic which Bob mentioned is now in the possession of David Delich. The photo comes from the book Fascinating Relics of the Third Reich which is largely a book of photos of the items taken from that residence, including a lot of Himmler's personal photographs.

Comment

Yes, my dear friend David Delich owns the white Himmler summer tunic. It is one of the most important single pieces of WWII memorabilia in existance.

David Delich has been like a brother to me for almost 40 years. I learned from his tutilege and his patience. David has been well rewarded, in life, for his tireless help, kindness to all, and devotion to God. There is no finer man, in this or any other field.

I am humbled to be though of as his friend.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Does David ever sell stuff, or does he just collect?
                                I haven't heard of him before.

Thanks! Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X