No announcement yet.

Ss Visor - Opinions Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is definately not one you would want to buy!

Comment

Bad, bad. Even Col. Klink wouldn't be fooled by this one. Aside from deviant lining, tag is a mish-mash - which shouldn't be, given its protected position.

Comment

I don't think the one Ben has posted is the same one as shown by Robs. The chinchord hangs lower on Ben's example and his skull is shiny and new looking while the one in the first post shows a heavy degree of green verdegris in both the eagle and skull devices.
        Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
          I don't think the one Ben has posted is the same one as shown by Robs. The chinchord hangs lower on Ben's example and his skull is shiny and new looking while the one in the first post shows a heavy degree of green verdegris in both the eagle and skull devices.
          Richard V
          Plus the eagle is bent inwards on the first cap and straight on the second. The shape seems different too.

Comment

I have asked for further relevant photos of the visor liner. I will put that pic up as soon as I get it so please check back in this discussion later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
              Richard V
              You might be right Richard, the insignia is different for sure, let's wait and see..

Comment

Hi there, I finally got a pic of the inside of the cap. Its not a lot of detail but it helps you pros make a decision.

Whats the opinion on it now??

Thanks again.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by robs; 10-05-2005, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Pfui!

To my regret, our hopes are dashed. It is a garden variety fake of a kind of authentic cap owned by John Pepera and shown in detail on the World Militaria Collector Website. Look there and enlighten yourself. Officers caps did come with a light interior and the runes with the RFSS tag in the era 193X (-4?; -5? -6?) until about 1938 or so--maybe later, indeed. I do not know. Shea sold one in the recent past for a stately sum. Others are illustrated on the German Dagger's site, as well. However, this is a pretty ordinary fake. It was made in ________? Fill in the blank, but surely not in 1936....
                  Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 10-06-2005, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Not the same cap so apologies for the confusion.

This one is a little better looking but still isn't authentic..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X