Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by istra63 View Post
    These types John
    I never studied the type 1 SS Eagle because it is rarely if ever found on uniforms offered for sale , I got into eagles because of my interest in wartime uniforms.
    The bottom one is a correct style but has been faked. The fakes usually have the wings covered with no impression between feathers.

Comment

I'll dance in here...

Top bird is 1st pattern Bahnshutz Officer's Sleeve eagle.
      Bottom bird is 2nd Pattern SS Officer's Sleeve eagle (first variation of RZM style).

Comment

There were several embroidery styles used for RZM eagles. I don’t think we know when each type was made based on style just that they were types used and usually had an RZM tag attached when new. Some where the type pictured , the type known as the “ Karl Wolf” , the type with an eye brow. A type with a curved beak, one with a triangular shaped head round eye and a thin line of thread just on top of the head. These types are frequently found both on and off tunics. There are some poorly embroidered originals out there too. A very worn tunic sold by Hannah’s Reich featured a bird with a very fat head and squat body. The eagle we saw on the recently auctioned Panzer wrapper had a head sunken below the shoulders and a pronounced beak.
        Looking at the one shown in the above photo, it is worn and not as nicely done as most that I’ve seen. Most that I’ve seen of that style were on higher ranking officer uniforms. I attribute differing embroidery to different contractors for the RZM not necessarily change of styles or time periods in the war with the exception of the early type eagles which resembled that Bahnschutz eagle looking the other way .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X