• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss officer eagle

Hi
    Opinion need on those two
    thank you for any help
    Attached Files

I like the eagle more than the tab. Runes don't look centered top to bottom and don't appear to be symmetrical, though it could be the angle. Eagle looks promising but it would be easier to get a good look without the flash - pretty flashy in this light.

regards, Robert

Comment

Thank you Robert

Comment

The Runes May be real but if they are the unterlagen was broken and each rune was separately woven.
        I ‘ll be honest the eagle looks as though it could be ok. But my gut says no because it is an oddball. A lot of oddballs woven in that style in the 60’s and 70’s but this one looks very well done.

Comment

Thank you John

Comment

Skeptical about the eagle and good straight on photo of the runes would help

Comment

I know but I got only those two for start tomorrow I will get better pictures
              thank you all for help

Comment

No good feelings about the two of these insignias. Perhaps better photos will shed light.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                  No good feelings about the two of these insignias. Perhaps better photos will shed light.

//Felix
                  I agree, very suspect

Comment

Finally I got better pictures , nothing glow under black light
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have to say the eagle is a period eagle but probably foreign made. I don’t like the angle of the runes they are not something I would buy for my collection. It’s possible but not standard and neither are what meet the criteria for unquestionably original .
                      I’m sure many will regard both as fake.

Comment

Thank you John

Comment

Slight reboot...I do agree with Johnny P...the eagle has a good chance of being period, foreign made. Runic tabs can all be a little different. I don't like overall appearance, angle and production. When on the tunic, looking at it from a distance, it just doesn't pop !! I love to look at some items about 6' or 10' distance. Many times it will hit you quick.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X