No announcement yet.

SS "summer" tunic for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front of the button that is needed on the bottom left pocket.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
      I'm puzzled by the double unmarked sleeve bands on each arm?

What do they represent?
      "Der Spiess"... The Spear. Not necessarily the highest ranking NCO in the Company, but led the Company headquarters in supervising discipline and rear area work. Took care of paperwork, reports, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

I would find some pips for the rank tab and replace the eagle, put some boards on it .
        Hopefully this tunic will never come in your possession as you would ruin it!

Comment

Tim I am delighted you won this one - I was a lowly underbidder. PM sent on missing parts.

s/f Robert

Comment

[QUOTE=krikke1980;n11752139]

Hopefully this tunic will never come in your possession as you would ruin it![

Next time you have a thought, hold it in, you’re wasting your time.
            Last edited by John Pic; 08-26-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
              Tim I am delighted you won this one - I was a lowly underbidder. PM sent on missing parts.

s/f Robert
              Thank you Robert...and for the opinion regarding buying/not buying the LUX MILITARY ANTIQUE shoulder boards.
              I'll keep looking.
              Maybe someone will see this thread and take pity on me!!

Comment

[QUOTE=John Pic;n11752858]
                Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post

Hopefully this tunic will never come in your possession as you would ruin it![

Next time you have a thought, hold it in, you’re wasting your time.
                I didn't expected such sensitive reaction after saying what most people think. Are you always that rude?

Comment

Drop it.
                  It’s pointless.
                  It serves no purpose.

Comment

[QUOTE=krikke1980;n11754940]
                    Originally posted by John Pic View Post

I didn't expected such sensitive reaction after saying what most people think. Are you always that rude?
                    What ? Are only Europeans allowed to be rude ? What you give is what you will receive in return. Snide remarks rather than constructive criticism serve no purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                      With this Tunic is really nothing wrong at all. Add some Boards...2 Pipes and you have a real nice Display what i would have no problem to buy and put in my Collection right away.
                      Totally subscribe to this, you did well mister TP Alexander! Not often you will find a SS eagle attached that leaves little doubt it was on the garment for ever. Would happily own a tunic like this, not necessarily to put it on display but just for what it is.

Comment

Hi Tim,
                        I agree with John Pic, its a real nice tunic with proper aging IMO, cleaning it up as John suggested isn't a bad Idea, I know many disagree on this but lets just agree to disagree. The little amount to bring it back to whats missing, IMO will increase its Value. Great find and hope to see it after you have cleaned it up.

Best
                        Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X