SS "summer" tunic for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS "summer" tunic for opinions please

May I please gt opinions on this tunic. Co SS summer tunic 9.jpg SS summer tunic 10.jpg SS summer tunic 8.jpg SS Summer tunic 12.jpg SS summer tunic.jpg SS summer tunic 11.jpg SS summer tunic 3.jpg SS summer tunic 6.jpg SS summer tunic 2.jpg SS summer tunic 5.jpg mes with pants and both tunic and pants have matching serial numbers. Thanks very much.

no idea what this serial numbers mean ,the pants are Heer issue ,but the tunic looks very very good so far

Comment

sleeve eagle is bad to me

Comment

Originally posted by drbill View Post
        sleeve eagle is bad to me
        its good one ,just abused a bit by wear and moths .

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

its good one ,just abused a bit by wear and moths .
          I agree, weathered and stretched and moth eaten. That tunic would make a great restoration project .

Comment

Looks to be O r i g i n a l

Comment

Looks good to me !
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

I agree, weathered and stretched and moth eaten. That tunic would make a great restoration project .
                Looks fine as is to me, what would you restore?

Comment

Go for it. And don't try to restore anything. It is still in ok condition and should remain like that. Everything you try to make better will make it worse. Set of Boards at best and done. Congrats
                  WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by nutmeg View Post

Looks fine as is to me, what would you restore?
                    I would find some pips for the rank tab and replace the eagle, put some boards on it .

Comment

With all the threads on re-badged tunics going on here and having found a tunic that where the arm eagle would appear to be the original period example , removing it to add a better one would seem just ''nuts'' but hey once the tunic has been paid for and hanging in your collectors room then you can do what you want but imo it looks just great and should be left ''as is'' but that just my opinion folks

Comment

I agree, I'd leave it as it is. Once you start messing with it, it'll always be a messed with tunic from there on. Condition is not ideal as it is, but at least it is original.
                        Martin

Comment

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

I would find some pips for the rank tab and replace the eagle, put some boards on it .
                            Really? Are you serious? You'd screw up a perfectly original well worn jacket ? I'm truly astounded to hear this this coming from you in particular. Why not just buy a totally stripped jacket and sew on whatever you wan?. I'd be proud to have a totally original untouched jacket in well worn condition just like this rather than one that has been tampered with . With all the squawking about rebadged tunics then this fellow is advised to rebadge one that isn't quite pretty enough , is insanity. I can't take much of what is posted here seriously anymore.

Comment

I'm puzzled by the double unmarked sleeve bands on each arm?

What do they represent?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X