No announcement yet.

SS M43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the best words of advice from B.N Singer. That should be mounted in big letters to any new or would be collectors of ss head gear. I think long term collectors can walk / talk themselves into buying stuff as well as new collecters. As Ben said their is a lot to be said for the gut feeling , and not to forget the one (looker) which sadly this cap has not got even with original insignia. I know this will not help the presant owner, but my humble advice with any ss stuff if in any doubt , just walk away. Its like fishing , another one will come your way, with no issues, and you can rest easy. Their are some top collecters here in this discussion, dont want to name them, but belive me they are all on your side, and all want to help you. So you have some sound advice, regards Paul.

Comment

Gut feeling.....well said. Mine usually never disappoints me. It depend always on the Item. If something is well made, i prefer always to have it in my Hand. Textbook.....to me anyway not existing in later stage of the War when it comes to cloth Items. And when it then involve SS there you always step into a Minefield. In Europe, 99% of all Tunics and Hats to me are far from untouched. In all the Time i collect, SS Cloth you always had a hard time to find in untouched Condition. Now, that Stuff pop up on every dealer Site, untouched Tunic all Effects period, found in Grandmas Basement. SS=Sells best
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
        I reply for me:

My concerns are about

- wool suggest coat
        - sewings details: method and thread reaction

Why lately I write always who have in hands can judge:
        I see it from mobile rarely on larger screen with high resolution
        Pics and threads usually are not friend.
        Sometimes threads not have the 3d features and the 2d give home a flatting details

What I would examine if I was Niklas: threads used and tone of all of them.

100% agree with Mauro here, in my opinion this is a fake hat, there seems many hitting the market in recent years

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who took their time to comment!

Several words of wisdom has been spoken!

Bottom line and my motto is better safe than sorry.

I have reached my verdict, with good help from friends.

Again, thanks!

Cheers
          //Felix

Comment

Your verdict worth more of any of our.with respect of all.
            Have in hands is another story.

Comment

Hi Felix wise decision, everyone had an opinion on this but it was up to you in the end, i am sure we are not talking about a twenty dollar deal...regards Paul.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X