No announcement yet.

tabs and ct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is another photo of Himmler wearing the white tabs during a conversation with Rudolf Diels, the first Gestapo chief.

Comment

Hi,

here we go.
      Please note that the picture is most of the time wrongly sided.

See You

Vince
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

for the sake of the discussion (cf Alen post #8), here is a pair of tabs for the SS-Stammabteilung of the Allgemeine-SS Standarte 35, courtesy of Weitze.

The members of this kind of "extra unit" had more than 45 years old, and the SS-Stammabteilungen are not to be confused with the "normal" Reserve Sturmbann(e) of each Allgemeine-SS Standarte.

Below you will also find a picture showing some Blutorden members of an unknown SS-Stammabteilung during an event i was unable to identify yet.

All the pictures are courtesy of the Ulric Woodhams book "Allgemeine-SS - 1925-1945".

So to be clear and as derek said, those tabs are NOT the one presented in this topic.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks like many of us have learned something new. I have always assumed SS tabs appearing to be white in photographs were the light gray of reservists. Apparently, that isn’t always true.

Does anyone know of original white RFSS staff tabs in collections? I certainly don’t.

Here is my small contribution to the gray collar tab discussion. The pictures are taken outdoors against a sheet of white Xerox paper in an effort to show the contrast. It looks like I was only marginally successful.

Alen Davidson
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

wonderful tab Alen !

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
              well i must've been living under a rock. not being an ss collector i had no idea these existed.
              Same for me and I collect SS..

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X