tabs and ct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tabs and ct

What is the collar tab color on the sturmbannfuhrer (?) with the RFSS cuff and Artzt sleeve badge? Also what is the cuff title worn by Darre? I believe that's Darre.
    Attached Files

White

It is the white-backed collar patches worn by SS-Stammabteilung (Reserve).

Comment

I too think that is Darre wearing the first pattern Gruppenfuhrer tabs. It's difficult to tell, but I would guess he's wearing one of the staff cuff titles. Himmler wore one that had black stripes at the top and bottom. Lower administrators on his staff wore various similar bands, but with more black stripes. Angolia covers them, but not in great depth.

I would imagine the light collar tabs are for a reservist, in which case they are light gray, NOT white. The life rune sleeve diamond was worn by members of the society for research into and teaching of ancestral heritage. It has nothing to do with medical personnel. They wore a caduceus.

I may not have this exactly right, but I'm close.

Alen Davidson

Comment

The white collar patches were introduced in December 1933 for SS-Men and Leaders on the staff of the Reichsfuehrer-SS and are correctly worn here with the RFSS cuff title. The patches, which were white cloth or velvet depending on rank appear to have lasted for a few brief months making this quite a rare image.
        The Lebensrune diamond has often been mistakenly attributed to the Ahnenerbe but it was in fact for Bauernreferenten, (agricultural experts or representatives).

Comment

ss tabs

derek. i don't have any ss cloth references other the old mollo series, where are the white tabs referenced? thx for your info

Comment

echoe,
            They are not referenced in any reference book to my knowledge except where the photograph of Himmler and Wolff appears in several books with the patches being described as unknown.
            The order for the patches was Reichsfuehrer-SS/IV Tgb.Nr49 103 dated Dezember 1, 1933, Munich.
            This same order also introduced the aluminium silver piping for caps worn by SS-Oberfuhrer upwards and velvet collar patches for SS-Standartenfuhrer and above.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by derek View Post
              The Lebensrune diamond has often been mistakenly attributed to the Ahnenerbe but it was in fact for Bauernreferenten, (agricultural experts or representatives).
              Himmler used the "Bauerntum/Ministry of Agriculture connections" of Darré to fill up the SS-RuSHA as the SS was lacking "serious" teachers to create the ideological education department of the SS.

See You

Vince

Comment

Gray tabs:

Mollo, Vol. 1 page 49 (text only)
                Angolia pages 112 - 114
                Ulric of England, "Inside the Alg. SS", page 142 - 143.

Comment

To avoid confusion all the light grey tabs referenced above are for the Stammabteilung, and are not to be confused with the white patches for the RFSS staff.

Comment

Thank you, Derek, for the information. I was unaware of these. Are they the he collar tabs that carried the rank on both sides, for all ranks?

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob,
                      I don't think so. Although the order isn't specific I have always presumed the right tab to be a blank one.
                      I have adjusted the gamma on the posted photo and whilst the left tab clearly shows pips (SS-Obersturmbannfuehrer by the looks of it) the facing tab is almost certainly blank.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much, Derek.
                        Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Darre, Himmler, Ahnenerbe, und Bauern - there was a strong connection

Originally posted by derek View Post
                          he Lebensrune diamond has often been mistakenly attributed to the Ahnenerbe but it was in fact for Bauernreferenten, (agricultural experts or representatives).
                          And those fella's often enjoyed passing these out among all their followers.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is Himmler wearing the white collar patches. I can't help but feel that the choice was somehow influenced by the carmine tabs worn by SS officers attached to the SA High Command at that same period.
                            The discontinuation of the patches after a very short period of wear was probably due to the fact that the aluminium rank embroidery became virtually invisible, as can be seen in the two photographs shown here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

white tabs

well i must've been living under a rock. not being an ss collector i had no idea these existed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X