X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More 6x30 Bulgarians;

https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=37513

ddx (Voigtlander)

197999 B, R, Re, + Black Bak Case, out of bulgaria, "20"stamp inside 2 squares

dym

122046 B, R, Re, + "20" inside 2 squares, all markings on right body

Comment

You are right, I was not sure if Finnland, Rumanien, Bulgarien or or or.

Comment

It's an easy mistake when so little is known of these more obscure binocular markings. I have a wartime Leitz 6x30 Bidox which I thought (and had been told) was Finnish, with the "20" in a square.

It was only when I found other "20" in a square binos with original Bulgarian markings on, that I realised the truth about my Leitz.

The fact that the "20" in a square is only on some Bulgarishe Dienstglas may suggest it's a factory or overhaul code.

Comment

I find this discussion very interesting

But I'm still not convinced of Bulgarian overhaul or made... What is the proof that the 20 in a square is Bulgarian or Rumanian?
          Also the use of 6400 Strich. The Warschau pact countries used the Russian 6000 Strich after the war.
          The grid inside is the same as in the German ones.

Could it not be made for the Finnish army as mentioned earlier in this thread.
          And made by the Germans for the Finnish?

The bino is not messed with, it was never opened after construction. No traces on the screws. The paint is spot on, and also not over-coated or over-painted.
          The marking 20 and the serial number are IMO almost stamped at the same time..

I agree with Michael, on that one..
          Having this bino in my hand and see his list, I doubt on Bulgarian.

François

Comment

But I'm still not convinced of Bulgarian overhaul It's your call Buddy

What is the proof that the 20 in a square is Bulgarian It's only on Bulgarian binos

Could it not be made for the Finnish army as mentioned earlier in this thread. No - that was a mistake

The Warschau pact countries used the Russian 6000 Strich after the war. Some early post WW2 overhauled Bulgarian binos still used WW1 reticles

it was never opened after construction Then how can it have been coated?

I agree with Michael, on that one. Having this bino in my hand and see his list, I doubt on Bulgarian. Again - it's your call Buddy. If you want it to be Finnish I'd hate to burst your bubble...

Comment

A nice Bulgarian Army Leitz Binux from WW2 - my Bulgarian Bidox 6x30 is green;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Leitz-W...sAAOSw5cNYd5Rh

“Number "20" means issued to Bulgarian military.”

Comment

Have you Finnished?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X