No announcement yet.

MG34/42 MGZ40 Optical Sight for Lafette Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test it with ultra violet light. It may be there, but bleached over time.
    Especially if it was done with red paint. Red colour dies faster than any other colour.

Comment

MGZ40 optical

I have bought this MGZ40 only I want to know if the optical is correct or this little "wheel" is missing (sorry I don't know the name of it)?
      Probably there are different types so maybe this one has not that "wheel" and is complete like it is....
      Attached Files

Comment

The little wheel is a scale ring on the top of that shaft. They should all have them.

If you have bought it already, you might have to be patient and keep an eye out on the web as very occasionally you may find part of a broken sight for sale to replace it.

Regards

Tim

Comment

optical

ok thx. I bought it but not paid yet
          I found other opticals on the web and has also no scale wheel, so that is why I hasitated.
          Is it possible that this factory made the opticals without the scale wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by mike1981 View Post
            ok thx. I bought it but not paid yet
            I found other opticals on the web and has also no scale wheel, so that is why I hasitated.
            Is it possible that this factory made the opticals without the scale wheels?
            Truth be told I have not read anything anywhere that indicates they were made WITHOUT this scale ring. The top of the shaft should have holes in the top where the screws secured the top plate thus holding the scale ring on.

Regards

Tim

Comment

optical

on this optical what was for sale time ago, has the holes and threaded on the side. So for this one it is abvious the scale wheel is missing.
              But this top of the shaft is different as mine....
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike1981 View Post
                on this optical what was for sale time ago, has the holes and threaded on the side. So for this one it is abvious the scale wheel is missing.
                But this top of the shaft is different as mine....
                Hi Mike,

As stated before I have not seen a write up or anything re not having the scale as a manufacturing difference, however I can see where you are coming from.

Had a range around the net last night and found another sight with high serial showing the top of the shaft the same as yours, a small dimple or dot to the centre but no apparent screw holes for securing a scale. I have no ideas but perhaps those who collect these sights in bulk (their are some with many in their collections) could look to see if they have any lurking to see if it originates from a specific manufacturer.
                The one I saw was on a UK website and was CNX coded and a high serial number.
                Last edited by timg; 10-11-2019, 04:33 AM. Reason: CORRECTION CXN not CNX!

Comment

Relating to the original question about the colours of the MGZ40, I would like to add my collimator to the topic. Found somewhere in the endless Ukrainian fields.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X